Recommendations for my PC?

• Thread starter JR98
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
I currently have a Gaming PC but it is kinda crap. It barely plays 2005 era games at 30FPS at max settings, and more modern games at 30-50FPS.

PC Specs:
Acer Aspire M3985
CPU: i3-3220 @ 3.30 Ghz, 3300Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
RAM: 6GB
Total Physical Memory: 3.47GB
Available Physical Memory: 1.90GB
Total Virtual Memory: 4.33GB
Available Virtual Memory: 2.45GB

Looking for what I would need to play most Post-2010 games on my PC on high-max graphics settings.

CPU
A 4 core processor (see our argument on PCARS thread), the i3 is 2 cores which is being phased out and isn't ideal some new Ubisoft games won't even run on 2 cores. So i5 or i7 if you have no need to save money, AMD parts are cheaper but use more power and generate more heat, also the individual cores are weaker.

Ram
8GB, single channel or duel (2X4GB), both perform the same in games but if you muli task (video stream or rendering) then duel would be better

GPU
900 Series, something with high VRAM which allows larger textures to be loaded so 4GB VRAM

What power supply do you have and does your motherboard support these sort of parts?

I have the same processor but have 8GB of RAM and a GTX570 and I can play just about anything albeit not always on max settings.

Your biggest drawback is the GPU. The GT610 is pap.

*edit*

Wait wait.

Total 3.47GB?

You have a 32bit OS. You need a 64bit OS to take advantage of all your RAM and CPU potential. You currently are only able to use a little over half of your 6GB.

CPU
A 4 core processor (see our argument on PCARS thread), the i3 is 2 cores which is being phased out and isn't ideal some new Ubisoft games won't even run on 2 cores. So i5 or i7 if you have no need to save money, AMD parts are cheaper but use more power and generate more heat, also the individual cores are weaker.

Ram
8GB, single channel or duel (2X4GB), both perform the same in games but if you muli task (video stream or rendering) then duel would be better

GPU
900 Series, something with high VRAM which allows larger textures to be loaded so 4GB VRAM

What power supply do you have and does your motherboard support these sort of parts?
How do I find out my Power Supply? Not sure how
I have the same processor but have 8GB of RAM and a GTX570 and I can play just about anything albeit not always on max settings.

Your biggest drawback is the GPU. The GT610 is pap.

*edit*

Wait wait.

Total 3.47GB?

You have a 32bit OS. You need a 64bit OS to take advantage of all your RAM and CPU potential. You currently are only able to use a little over half of your 6GB.
I knew the GPU was crap, was planning on getting a new one anyway. Will get a 900 series like @Myles Prower suggested

A new psu, a 860k, its fairly cheap and is capable of playing all games out there and a fm2+ motherboard or you could get a i5 3xxx, 2gb more of ram and I would recommend a r9 285 or a gtx 960.

Last edited:
[QU
How do I find out my Power Supply? Not sure how

I knew the GPU was crap, was planning on getting a new one anyway. Will get a 900 series like @Myles Prower suggested

E="JASON_ROCKS1998, post: 10615263, member: 244833"]How do I find out my Power Supply? Not sure how

I knew the GPU was crap, was planning on getting a new one anyway. Will get a 900 series like @Myles Prower suggested[/QUOTE]

It should tell you on the side of it, it most likely is crap and will need replaced, I would recommend a psu from xfx or rosewill capstone series or the evga b2 series or the antec current high gamer series and the truepower series or anything from seasonic. I would recommend at least 500 watts or perferable 600 watts so you would be able to use nearly any single gpu out there.

Back