Recommended setup for the Subaru Impreza

• Thread starter msoulier
  • 5 comments
So, I'm in the Boxer Spirit pro event with a WRX, and for the life of me I can't set this car up properly. The handling is awful, it just wants to skid, which is great if I want to drift but I don't.

It's better on racing tires but I can't use them in these events. How would you set up this car, and is it possible that I'm just not driving it right? I don't have this problem with anything else in my garage.

Thanks

Which model of Impreza WRX are you using?
There are 15 different models in GT4, not including the rally versions.
Perhaps you should have a look through the GT4 Car Tuning subforum that's linked at the top of the main GT4 Forum board.
Search for "Impreza" within that forum and see what comes up.
MadFinnTuner's Scooby-Doo '95 setup is based on a '95 Impreza WRX and would probably be a good place to begin.

You should move this thread into that area too as you're likely to get more targeted responses for tuning & setups. 👍

At the top of your first post you should see "Thread Tools" use the drop down menu to select "Move Thread" and then select the "Car Tuning" subforum of the GT4 area. I'd suggest leaving an expiring redirect valid for 1 month.

Hope that helps.
I'm not much of a tuner myself, as I drive mostly stock cars, so I can't really offer any constructive advice. :guilty:

I have to use sport tires, and I've found that softs give me better grip for just a 2-3 lap race.

In general I notice a lot of understeer, especially if I do any hard braking or acceleration through a turn. It makes it hard to stay on the track.

I notice a lot of body roll too, it's hard to quickly reverse turns.

With racing tires it's much better, but I can't use them in these events.

For basics try stiffening up the rear springs and swaybars while keeping the fronts soft to loosen up the back end while planting the front wheels. You can also try a VCD controller to dial in more power to the rear wheels, boosting the tendency of the car to rotate.

Back