Recordable laptimes using "Free Run"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Major Rash
  • 6 comments
  • 822 views
Messages
97
Messages
A_Major_Rash
Hi,

In GT5 it was possible to jump into a car a do a lap on any track of your choice, the best time was obviously recorded, then you could jump into a different car a drive the same track and the best lap time again recorded. If memory serves correct the top 10 times and the cars were displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen

My question is can this be done in GT6? when I go for a free run on a track the best times are not recorded for other cars that I have previously raced on that track. Except for a trusty Pen and Paper there seems to be no way of seeing your own top 10 fastest times / cars recorded.

Am i missing something or is this feature also going to come in an update??
 
It can be done in GT6.
I believe "free run" is designed to run/test the and track with no concerning about time.
If you want to know your last time/car, go Time Trial and Arcade Mode, it have exactly what you looking for.
 
I still miss being able to delete individual lap times off the record board from GT4 (handy for multiple lap times in same car). It's sort of baffling why the list is limited to just 10.

EDIT: sorry to hijack, my mind drifted :D
 
I hope PD will add recording function because my avatar is dressing up like Stig driving around and that's a nice idea to have Stig doing hot lap that sounds cool.
 
It's sort of baffling why the list is limited to just 10.

They have reduced it to eight in GT6, wish it was at least twelve.

whoosierlaps.jpg
 
Throwing in my 2 cents; I wish Arcade mode logged mileage onto the car though.

Semi off topic and not necessarily news:

I also realized the only way to test run with fuel and tire usage is creating an online room. Did it yesterday - created a 'friends only' room for just two people and basically tested by myself for an hour.
 
Last edited:
Back