'Recover Website'

• Thread starter Ian_83
  • 5 comments
England
Lincolnshire
PleaseD1e
Hi,

I keep getting an issue with GTPlanet while using Internet Explorer 11.

The forum keeps on freezing and then I get the pop-up at the bottom of IE11 telling me to 'Recover Website'. It then works fine again for about 5 minutes before doing the same thing again.

The PC is relatively new and I only have IE11 installed, so I don't know whether Firefox of Chrome users get a similar issue. I just know that it's annoying and only happens when viewing the GTP forum.

Ian.

I've never had an issue like that in IE with this website. Try clearing the browser history in case something funny is cached somewhere. Might want to run some malware scans if it keeps up because I don't think it's GTPlanet's fault.

Thanks guys.

I'll run a scan, but this install is only a couple of weeks old and has been barely used. I'll dump the temp files and cookies too. 👍

You may have a corrupt Shockwave install or some other type of browser plugin. I found this site which explores the source of that error message.

Thanks Jordan.

I have just ran through the steps on the website and cleared everything on my end. Hopefully it behaves now, only time will tell.

I'll report back when I know if it has helped (or not).

Ian.

Back