Recovering from entering a corner too hot

• Thread starter 3spddrft
  • 5 comments
IShouldStudy
So, when entering a corner too hot, even high end well made highly regarded cars send me into the wall. However, I tried it with a S2000 and Evora and they both recover quickly and have no problem adapting to my screw up. Is this just down to the cars being balanced and light or can large supercars be tuned for this behavior?

No amount of tuning can compensate for missing your braking point, you are at the mercy of physics. You can tune a car to brake better, you can tune a car to handle high intensity braking and/or you can tune a car to be able to rotate better whilst on the brakes but you can't cheat momentum.

Slow in, fast out. Wins every time.

Too fast in and you have to rescue the car while Hoping you haven't screwed the corner and totally ruined your exit speed into the next straight.
Every km/h or mph you carry on exit of a turn is carried down that next straight no matter what you're driving.

So, when entering a corner too hot, even high end well made highly regarded cars send me into the wall. However, I tried it with a S2000 and Evora and they both recover quickly and have no problem adapting to my screw up. Is this just down to the cars being balanced and light or can large supercars be tuned for this behavior?
Continuing from what @Pete05 says, here's a handy acronym for you: SIFO (sy-fo). Slow in, fast out. Memorizing that will make you faster.

In response to OP if you can't find a tune for these "heavy cars" you haven't mentioned you can try to learn the advanced, fine art of trail braking. Of course it won't help if you don't know how to brake, but there is always room for improvement.

Back