Recovering lost save data...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 8 comments
  • 10,072 views
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
Ok, so last night I lost EVERYTHING. Weeks worth of cars, racing, all of it gone down the tubes, because I accidentally overwrote my backup and my save data was deleted. But here's the thing. I used a recovery program and found my deleted backup save, but GT5 won't recognize it. Apparently when I started it up, GT5 started a new game and it counts the new save as my legitimate one rather than the one I rescued.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can use this save so I don't have to start from scratch here? I'm getting pretty desperate.

Kevin
 
Delete new save data in the GT5 folder. Copy and paste rescue data from USB to the same folder.
 
Delete new save data in the GT5 folder. Copy and paste rescue data from USB to the same folder.

Try that.. If it doesn't work, then you're stranded. That should work though as it seems like the logical solution.
 
Try that.. If it doesn't work, then you're stranded. That should work though as it seems like the logical solution.

Yeah, that doesn't work. Poly decided they don't want people sharing saves, so they made it so only the one save will work. The problem is that it thinks this save belongs to someone else now. I even deleted the game data and tried it that way.
 
and this is what happen when you cheat ;)
On a serious note that blows, but yea just delete the save data now and try to copy your rescue data.
 
If recovery doesn't work, this will save a lot of time:



1. Birthday exploit a 1970 Challenger, buy race transmission

2. Win Challenger seasonal event

3. Buy and tune 07 GT-R for the GT-R seasonal event

4. First in both means ~ level 18 with 1.5 million cr in 25 min

5. Go Kart specials, win them

4. NASCAR specials - All gold

5. Level ~ 20 with a free NASCAR

6. Win NASCAR seasonal

7. Level; ~22 with 3 million

8. Dupe cars like mad.
 
You cant Share Savedata! oh thats just finished it off now, last week my HDD failed completely meaning i lost 3 years worth of game saves including GT5 where i had 8 million cr and was on A-spec level 30 with tons of cars, all gone. i was hoping someone would be kind enough to let me use theres but if poly wont let anyone do this then i will probably never play GT5 again as i dont want to start all over
 
Starting over isn't as bad as it may at 1st seem. You just have get people to set their cars to online so you can borrow them. Should be able to catch up to lvl 30 in no time.
 
If GT5 is not recognising the recovered save it's because it wasn't successfully recovered (despite what the recovery program is telling you). I've seen many documents and pictures 'recovered' from hard-drives (usb drives are even worse) that turn out to be corrupted.

If it had recovered successfully byte for byte GT5 would load it up (under the same user).

Did you try the recovery utilities from within GT5?

If you're really desperate you could try hex-editing saves but it would probably be quicker to follow Exorcet's advice at this point.
 
Back