Recruiting for a Goodwood vintage car meet and race!

• Thread starter Kendonnel
  • 25 comments
Hungary
Hungary
meatsosoig
Hello everybody! I'm Kendonnel, meatsosig on PSN, and I like taking race photos in GT7. The game has given us quite a few unique and rare older cars, and I want them to be appriciated.

So I'm asking everyone here to join me for a Goodwod Revival-esque short event! I would want to set it this weekend. So If anyone is interested, please tell me:
-your PSN username
-the car you wish to drive
-your timezone.

I would like to ask everyone who would like to join to only consider using cars built in or before 1979, and they can be from both the used car dealer and Hagerty dealership as well. If you see someone in the replies who has already said to use the car that you would like to drive, please do consider selecting a different one. That way we can get a lot of different cars.

Once we get enough members, I'll let everyone in on the details of what we will do.
20970978944172723.jpg

Hello Kendonnel,

I would like to Race with you.
Timezone: UTC+2 Germany
PSN: Yenkoo
Car: Corvette C2/C3 for Example

Hi, I would like to join, should have time this weekend.

PSN: Fezzik1983
Car: De Tomaso Pantera
Timezone: UK (BST/UTC)

Hi, I would like to join, it's nice to see someone do something interesting on this game.

PSN:Coxbox
Car: Abarth 595 SS

PSN: DumfriesYMCA

US central time zone.

I don’t know what car I want to use yet but I can build one for the event.

To make things more competitive I would love to see a horsepower/weight limit. Let people tune for whatever PP but just restrict how light a car can be and how much horsepower it makes. Usually brings out some good races and people will actually put the effort into their car builds + learn the track

Hello Kendonnel,

I would like to Race with you.
Timezone: UTC+2 Germany
PSN: Yenkoo
Car: Corvette C2/C3 for Example
Hi, I would like to join, should have time this weekend.

PSN: Fezzik1983
Car: De Tomaso Pantera
Hi, I would like to join, it's nice to see someone do something interesting on this game.

PSN:Coxbox
Car: Abarth 595 SS
PSN: DumfriesYMCA

US central time zone.

I don’t know what car I want to use yet but I can build one for the event.

To make things more competitive I would love to see a horsepower/weight limit. Let people tune for whatever PP but just restrict how light a car can be and how much horsepower it makes. Usually brings out some good races and people will actually put the effort into their car builds + learn the track
Thank you everyone for replying! I think we'll have to do this on Saturday, I still haven't figured out a time, I'll add it in an edit soon. As for Dumfries' comment, it would be nice to have a good race after the 'parade' but due to the competitive nature some cars wouldn't make the cut. I'm thinking maybe 600 or 700PP on racing tyres for a race, what does everyone think about that? The race in question wouldn't be too long, like 6 laps or something.

Time edit: Here are all your timezones with my proposed time. The only problem is that the person from the US would have to be here relatively early in the day.
CET is UTC+2👍

Attachments

• IMG_20220729_120128.jpg
    IMG_20220729_120128.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hello, I like your suggestion.
My primary concern is to drive a clean race with you. I don't have to be the fastest. If I have time on Saturday I'll be there. My time would then be 7:30 pm?

Hello, I like your suggestion.
My primary concern is to drive a clean race with you. I don't have to be the fastest. If I have time on Saturday I'll be there. My time would then be 7:30 pm?
Yes, your time is 7:30, I'm in the same timezone as you. I think driving clean here will be much more important than driving fast, it's easy to get your car off-track and into the grass if you push too hard or don't know the track well. But having fun is the number 1 priority, so don't worry about that! And I plan to take a lot of racing pictures of the event, so if your car alone at the back of the pack, or faraway between multiple drivers, I can have nice clean shots of your car.

Oh and I think I’m just going to use the new car that was released yesterday. The old Maserati. No idea how it drives but it gives me a reason to buy it later and put some laps on it

Hello again everyone! Today is the day of the event! Below I will explain what we will be doing in the lobby.

First, it's important to mention that the event will have a 600PP limit, and racing tyres will be mandated. Also to add is the fact that I'm not allowing the Alpine A220, as the only way the car goes under the limit on the racing compound is with a glitched tune.

The event will be split up into 3 parts.
Parade
Qualifying
Race.

The parade
Length: 1 lap

This will be a slow lap around the track for taking pictures. Once we are able to get going, I ask everyone to go in single file (one car after another) with me in the front. We will go slowly through the track until we reach the back straight. Here we will pull off to a small, paved, but grown in area. Here, we will park our cars on the paved surface for a moment (again, in the interest of pictures) before moving on again. Then, single file, we make our way down the track, and after carefully exiting the chicane, we'll line ourself up side-to-side on the main straight just before the finish line (once again, so that it will make a great photo).

Qualifying
Length: 5 minutes

After the conclusion of the parade, the qualifying will begin. It's pretty straightforward, and within 5 minutes you get 3 push laps before running out of time. This is to ensure that the fastest cars will be up front.

Race
Length: 5 laps
Penalties: None
Damage: Light

Following the qualifying, we'll get lined up to the grid in our correct positions for a race. The start will be from a standstill, with a false start check. Then it will be 5 laps of flatout racing around Goodwood. Please give room to others, as going off track is horrible here. Also please remember that clean racing is the number 1 prioroty.

As another sidenote, I would like ask everyone to use period appropiate liveries, if any at all.

So everyone get some practice in, get your tunes ready, and look for my lobby at 19:30 CET! I made up my mind, I will be driving the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2.

Hello, unfortunately I won't be there today.
I hope that many nice pictures will be taken and that you have a good race.

Would the remaining three people like to go through the event, or should we postpone to a better time and date for everyone? I'd like to get an answer before setting up the lobby. I'm a bit dissapointed.

Last edited:
The lobby is now up, would the remaining three people like to go through the event, or should we postpone to a better time and date for everyone? I'm pretty dissapointed.
I’m down still.

This Maserati is a bit much to handle even at 250hp but I’ll still run it haha

I appriciate it. Mine is actually quite grippy, coming in at 190bhp and only 620kgs. I'll try to look for some quick fill-ins.
I’m down still.

This Maserati is a bit much to handle even at 250hp but I’ll still run it haha

The lobby is now up! We should get everything done quickly with less people. I'll talk to all of you with the ingame chat.

Last edited:
The event is over now, this is something that I will come back to when I have more people for sure though. The pics will be up here and probably my instagram mslx.motorpics too!

Latest Posts

Back