Red Bull X1 Challenges, Dualshock 3 controller

• Thread starter Lightpost
  • 92 comments
Actually, it's still possible, but you will feel enough grief for a lifetime... I remember spending weeks, day after day, hours, on Suzuka (and even Nurburgring) trying to gold it back then in my first playthrough.

The gold times are the same, as well as the silver times. The update was just on the bronze times, to give a chance for the majority of players to get an X2010 to practice with or just play with it. Since the Bronze times back then were still brutal for casual players.

Silver and Gold still remain ridiculously hard to get.

Here's my two videos of me golding Suzuka and Nurburgring using a DS3 controller.

Transmission: Automatic (AT)
Skid Recovery: ON
ABS: 1
Controller Sensivity: 7
Everything else is off and brake setup is default.

Aah gotcha. Yeah i'll have to have another crack at it again at some point, think i have pretty much the same settings, all i need is the time and practice. Cheers for the vids, might be able to learn a thing or 2 :)

Having most recently given up on this challenge back in mid 2019 I’m attempting this yet again, as of last night. Just got platinum on GT Sport, did GT6 relatively comfortably but GT5 with its "Gold Standard" obviously being the one stopping me in my tracks.

Gold medal is done at Monza but so far I’ve not come further than silver at both Nürburgring as well as Suzuka, the latter of which I’ve spent most of my hours the past day. I know I have the pace but it’s so incredibly difficult to manage two nearly flawless laps after each other with the absolutely ridiculous speed of this godforsaken car.

At Nürburgring I’m +0,954 off the gold medal and at Suzuka the difference is +0,848. I just gotta keep trying.

EDIT: Holy hell, already managed to get the Suzuka difference from +0,848 to 0,599 and just now I managed one ending up a mere +0,089 after the gold medal. I cannot believe it...

Last edited:
Sorry to bump and old thread but please keep trying people it absolutely CAN be done to GOLD with a DS3 I used a cheap chinese DS3 with no preasure sensitivty and have done them gold again (Partly for fun and partly to get my gold run replays back) Nurburgring I could run on Gold pace really easily it was just keeping the car on the track for two laps, Monza was easy I cut the chicanes quite alot (which a feel crap about but a couldn't get the car to turn quick enough to hit each apex which resulted in the last turn in each chicane being cut horrendously) and Suzuka was properly hard I really struggled for about 2hrs all told to even run on gold pace let alone complete two laps silver was pretty unchallenging one all 2 tracks imho but gold on Suzuka actually took some doing so it really can be done everyone... honestly if a can do it with very low end hardware am sure all you can and in 1 or two of the events I even beat my old gold times with an official DS3.

If anyone wants my settings

ABS 1
SRF on
Controller Sensitivity 7

Everything else OFF.

Last edited:
Back