Red Bull X2010 lost sound file?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADR50
  • 6 comments
  • 1,204 views
Messages
19
I have searched and not found anything specific to my problem. I have been driving the Red Bull X2010 (which I received after Vettel challenge in A-Spec). No problems with it.

Yesterday I received another one for reaching level 35 in B-spec.

Now I have no engine sound when driving either one of the X2010's on any track. There are some muted engine sounds from the other cars on the track which I only hear when passing them. All other menu sounds are normal.
When driving other cars everything seems normal.

The only sound that seems to be missing is the engine from this one car.

Any advice on this?

And apologies if I've missed this in the search for same.
 
This is definitely a glitch, but you may not be the first victim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCOm1KCBT4

Skip to about 4:25. Note how the sound 'cuts out' whenever the X2010 passes by on a certain side. Perhaps the X2010 has a tendency to go into 'silent mode'?
 
Last edited:
Have you restarted your PS3?
 
Not how the sound 'cuts out' whenever the X2010 passes by on a certain side.

That's just how the sound happens to be setup on that video - it's set to mono so it only comes out of one speaker obviously.
 
Have you restarted your PS3?

I did just now restart, and while that did not help, I appreciate your suggestion because it made me think of checking my PS3 system's audio settings. They somehow "re-set" themselves. I use a 3.1 speaker system (no rear speakers), and the when I checked the PS3 had altered itself to a 7.1 setting. I don't know why it completely removed the sound from this one car, but anyway all is now good. Thanks lots.
 
Perhaps it is literally a 'Stealth' car:sly:

I'd suggest playing around with GT5's audio settings. It might force the sounds to come back. I've had this happen on PC games and it helps, so it might help with GT5.
 
That's just how the sound happens to be setup on that video - it's set to mono so it only comes out of one speaker obviously.

It sometimes happens when you watch a replay of the X2010 on your PS3.
 
Back