RedBull X2014 Junior sounds amazing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnJ Monster
  • 25 comments
  • 2,383 views
That's the joke.
hqdefault.jpg
 
It sounds like a car farting through a really expensive trumpet. But it certainly sounds a lot better than the vacuum cleaner sounds. While the new sounds on these 2 cars are awesome I do get this sort of trumpet effect from them, it still doesn't sound like an actual car when you really compare sounds side by side.
 
It sounds nice, but non of the other cars should sound like that.
 
I'de say its one of the better sounding cars in GT6. That HSV sounds really good.
 
This.
It sounds like a car farting through a really expensive trumpet. But it certainly sounds a lot better than the vacuum cleaner sounds. While the new sounds on these 2 cars are awesome I do get this sort of trumpet effect from them, it still doesn't sound like an actual car when you really compare sounds side by side.
The car is powered by a 4-cylinder engine. The exhaust sounds like a 4-cylinder with open exhaust. I think it's pretty damn realistic.
 
Do we really need an own thread for the sound of one car? Oh dear...
 
Do we really need an own thread for the sound of one car? Oh dear...


And why is this something so bad to frown upon? there is more random threads out there. You are no one to judge.
 
It sounds nice, but non of the other cars should sound like that.

Im not saying every car should sound like this, but rather why can't every car have the same quality sound?
 
Im not saying every car should sound like this, but rather why can't every car have the same quality sound?

Because it's a sneak preview of the new sound generation method PD have been researching for years. In my opinion.

I don't think it's the full hit of the fruit just yet, as it's currently hamstrung by the existing sampling framework, specifically the few sound layers available (as evidenced by it only having an exhaust sound). Again, in my opinion.
 
I think it sounds pretty awesome myself. After I finished the challenges with it, I kept on driving it just because I got addicted to how it sounds. Really like the sound when you down shift. 👍
 
Because it's a sneak preview of the new sound generation method PD have been researching for years. In my opinion.

I don't think it's the full hit of the fruit just yet, as it's currently hamstrung by the existing sampling framework, specifically the few sound layers available (as evidenced by it only having an exhaust sound). Again, in my opinion.
Well you work in the industry, correct? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, it's still a HUGE step in the right direction for exhaust sounds in the game. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have this than nothing.
 
I agree that the X2014 Junior sounds pretty nice. A bit off-putting when used in a public free roam; since it's so loud it's difficult to hear other players and the loudness of the car might distract others, causing them to make mistakes. However it's not nearly as loud as the X2010/X2011. Whenever I see one on the track in a public free roam I have to lower my TV volume. Not to mention it's quite annoying when you get that one X1 driver who decides to follow you while over-revving it. :grumpy:
 
Well you work in the industry, correct? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, it's still a HUGE step in the right direction for exhaust sounds in the game. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have this than nothing.

No, I'm merely a hobbyist. :)

And I agree, I was hoping PD was doing something as avant garde as the way these new sounds (missing layers or otherwise) seem to be being generated, so I recognise and am fully excited about the potential - which is what "full hit of the fruit" is referring to. ;) :D
 
Do we really need an own thread for the sound of one car? Oh dear...

As a comparison to the hundreds of other threads dedicated to the complaining about every other car sound in GT6... ;)

...Including this one :rolleyes:

it doesnt have that good sounds, its very distorted still
 
Last edited:
I just started this championship and digging the sounds. The GT86 Tiplets should sound like this with racing exhaust. If RB could make this a real life series with these cars, it would be cool. Working headlights and all, makes for twilight or maybe early morning and night races.
 
Back