Redesigned VisionRacer VR3. New website soon. New pics

• Thread starter Mayaman
  • 27 comments

Mayaman

Premium
Hello all, as many of you know I'm pretty much the resident VisionRacer fan and point of questions and answers. :P

I'm going to preface this by saying if you're a VisonRacer hater, or just here to crack jokes just spare us and move along. No fanyboy garbage please.

I've been speaking with David over a VisionRacer lately and there are some exciting developments going on.

Firstly there is a redesigned VR3 with improved parts and a completely redesigned wheel/deck support which allows not only installation of your wheel but also your button box/shifter/telemetry device, etc.

It allows ease of entry and exit, and future attachment possibilities for other types of gaming like Flight sims. It remedies the one big complaint against the VR3 which was its between the legs support. This new support ties the entire Frame in together and makes it extremely stiff. Attaching all types of accessories is now a piece of cake.

This upgrade will be available to all VR3 owners, which is another reason I like the VisionRacer system as it allows evolution of the platform without trashing what you already have. If you have any interest in these upgrades or a VR3 please contact me via PM so I can pass it along to David. He is looking to gauge interest from the SimRacing community.

The new profile of the VR3

The wide deck will allow attachment of shifters, telemetry such as ipad, your wheel, handbrake, etc...

VR311_zps2cc78b33.jpg

Also notice the much larger beefier pedal plate which accommodates CST F1 pedals or large commercial pedal sets such as CST.

VR312_zps8d5579e6.jpg

Newly design deck for easy installation of wheel and accessories.

VR310_zpsa626d717.jpg

IMG_42721_zpsacc4e79c.jpg

IMG_42661_zps24e79afe.jpg

IMG_42632_zps1379832b.jpg

vr2_zpsa7645b6a.jpg

vr3_zpsbc6b0b8f.jpg

vr6_zps828f211d.jpg

vr8_zpsfb529484.jpg

vr7_zps3083e72a.jpg

This is the beginning of some really cool changes coming to the VisionRacer VR3 line and makes the VR3 a commercial level rig. The other updates I can't really talk about yet but when you see them you're going to be happy. Its a complete system integrating several different aspects such as motion, display, and overall presentation not available in any other rig. I have several pics of the new setup but haven't been cleared by David to release them. Hopefully soon.

With the elimination of the center support, the main complaint of several sim racers has been eliminated. The VR3 still offers an almost perfect driving position, the best in my opinion gear shift mount and still once of the best looking rigs out there.

thanks guys and gals.

Last edited:
I'm going to preface this by saying if you're a VisonRacer hater, or just here to crack jokes just spare us and move along. No fanyboy garbage please.

So I guess this has been taken care of?

From GTP Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List Thread Dec. 08, 2012, Post #96:

Lol looks like Aeon took every idea from my vision racer thread and im not even getting a royalty.

From ISR New VisionRacer V3 Thread, Post #61 Dec. 12, 2012:

thats probably my design. i spent weeks designing my center post delete. in my thread. i dont see any pics on their page though. I am a Visionracer master modder.

Screenshot2012-12-19at72332PM.jpg

Screenshot2012-12-19at73033PM.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah since they didn't use my design. LOL The royalty part was more of a joke than anything. I dont really understand the point of your post, they didn't use my design.

They went a different direction. Oh well. This is better than mine since it adds the ability to put a shifter, button box etc, and I had to use three different assemblies to do that. Much cleaner.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, though I would have to see some wheel, shifter and button boxes mounted to the top plate, because til now it looks a little bad to fit side mounted stuff e.g. the DSD shifter.
But the overall look is great, I always liked the bulky tube look of the VR.
Keep us posted! ;)

Spike should be a piece of cake. Our buddy over at Fast Track Sims, makes mostly anything custom you want. He made me custom display mounts and custom brackets for button boxes. Dude does some seriously nice work.

Fasttracksims.com

Nice upgrade but the wheel deck still looks fixed to me.
Bah, it's not even motorised (hee hee)

These are nice but so is Vesaro, mmmm

Will they offer this without the seat?

I like it, looks like its going to be awesome with wheels on there, looking forward to some videos of this in action when released, current vr3 owners will be stoked

M

It is still not adjustable, such as height and the inclination of the base of the steering wheel !

Last edited:
Do you have any idea of the price to upgrade?

Not yet I'll know soon.

The VR3 has never had an adjustable deck, and to be honest everyone harps on that but once they use it they realize it's practically perfect the way it is, YMMV of course but everyone I've had in it has been happy with the position. Its based on a true rally car steering deck position but heh, can't make everyone happy.

Latte, I'm sure you can buy it without the seat. David is pretty flexible.

To be fair the main problem with a fixed platform is if you change not just maybe a wheel rim but to a different wheel altogether. The T500RS sits much different to the Fanatec range for instance. Part concern I'd have is what happens if a new wheel arrives in the future and doesn't quite feel right.

Originally "Vision Racer" supported the G25 and that was what this seemed to be built for and was optimised with.

At this price I agree a good design should have more flexibility in positioning...

There are easy ways to adjust the tilt of a wheel. You can create angled plates easily. I have a couple of different ones but since I'm moved to the CSW completely I haven't changed positions in over a year. Some people might change more often. Its not for everybody.

IMHO, this is the best looking rig out there (especially in black). Looking forward to the new version. Any idea on price (shipped)? So far, my only complaint (without using it in-person) is the non-adjustible steering wheel mount others have mentioned. The TM T500-RS & F1 wheel has been staring at me for over a month saying, "Make up yo damn mind & get a rig so I can be used!"

David emailed me today and said that the new VR3 is almost ready. When he says stuff like that it usually means about two to three weeks. So almost here.

This has really got my attention, and the fact they have a purpose built motion platform for the D-Box... You could be seeing a migration soon...

David emailed me today and said that the new VR3 is almost ready. When he says stuff like that it usually means about two to three weeks. So almost here.

most excellent news.. any news on pricing yet?

pre-orderable?

Cheers

M

No price point yet unfortunately, he'll update with the next email. Sorry guys.

to those wondering about the deck adjust ability its not going to happen with this update. The VR3 deck is pretty awesome as is and have never had a problem, its optimal. But I understand people sometimes want to change it. Definitely not the rig for you if this is important. Get a Human Racing. But this will be one of if not the stiffest deck out there for those that care about that.

Looking forward to this as it will save me a lot of work, have a Derek Speare Black Max II on order & i'll need somewhere to mount it.

Some new pics of the new VR3 made for a racing team with Leo Bodnar wheel, CST F3 pedals and all new strengthening joints and supports. David said it will be about 50 days till this is available all together as a kit. Right now the parts can be ordered but it costs around $680. If you want to order them contact David@simroom.com

Other than the Human Racing GT which I also now own, this is the premier chassis on the market. Both the Human Racing and the VR3 are expensive. You get a adjustable deck on the HR which I love, def the best ever designed. The new VR3 has an awesome driving position as stock and now has probably the most stiff deck of any rig made. It can handle a Bodnar wheel for a real racing team, it can handle your setup.

IMG_42721_zpsacc4e79c.jpg

IMG_42661_zps24e79afe.jpg

IMG_42632_zps1379832b.jpg

vr2_zpsa7645b6a.jpg

vr3_zpsbc6b0b8f.jpg

vr6_zps828f211d.jpg

vr8_zpsfb529484.jpg

vr7_zps3083e72a.jpg

That looks awesome but what about a monitor stand? A big problem that I had with the original was how far away the monitor was mounted.

Latest Posts

Back