Rediscoverd my love for GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheStig722
  • 20 comments
  • 2,359 views
Messages
10
Messages
the_stig_722
Lately I’ve spent a lot of time grinding seasonal event for cash, and through B-Spec despite promising myself I would stay well away, (I think it’s a pointless part of the game) I was starting to think that the game had lost some of its magic, and nothing left to offer me…

I was wrong!!!

Earlier today I unlocked the Ford GT 40 race car (possibly my favourite car for GT4) and decided to take it for a spin, and what better place to test such a car but the historic cup on Deep Forest. No aids, apart from ABS 1 using racing hards and driving clean, I consider myself a good driver (60 gold licences) but the best I could manage after about 10 tries was 3rd with a Toyota 7 and Chaparral 2J ahead.
Although I haven’t been able to win, YET it was by far the most fun I’ve had on the game in a long time, the car needs to be handled with care, especially over the crests it has a tendency to kick out so gear selection is key oh and the noise!! I recommend anyone getting board of the game takes up the challenge just make sure to have your TV turned right up :)

Let me know if anyone can come first and what do other people do if they feel themselves getting bogged down in all the grinding?
 
That will be an impressive win if you can manage it.

Think I used the old Jag, or maybe the T7 for that one but can't remember tbh!

Online racing has always been my instant-fun-fix in GT5. Hard to match the excitement of a great online race.
 
Online racing has always been my instant-fun-fix in GT5. Hard to match the excitement of a great online race.

I agree but to get a competitive online race with clean racers is hard to come by, well for me anyway
 
Yea this race was actually somewhat challenging. I was able to win in the lamborghini countach, pretty good car by the way. Although most of my enjoyment does come from online, me and a few friends always have a lounge going on, we are all clean racers, let's just say we had A LOT of epic moments at the "Ring" :)
 
what do other people do if they feel themselves getting bogged down in all the grinding?
I go to the dealership and find me a brand new premium. My latest is the Petronas SC430, which I have only now noticed the lap times are displayed on the steering wheel. How cool is that! And as I mentioned in another thread, it also brought back the joys of chasing down the leader and just door-to-door combat in general 👍
 
Lately I’ve spent a lot of time grinding seasonal event for cash, and through B-Spec despite promising myself I would stay well away, (I think it’s a pointless part of the game) I was starting to think that the game had lost some of its magic, and nothing left to offer me…

I was wrong!!!

Earlier today I unlocked the Ford GT 40 race car (possibly my favourite car for GT4) and decided to take it for a spin, and what better place to test such a car but the historic cup on Deep Forest. No aids, apart from ABS 1 using racing hards and driving clean, I consider myself a good driver (60 gold licences) but the best I could manage after about 10 tries was 3rd with a Toyota 7 and Chaparral 2J ahead.
Although I haven’t been able to win, YET it was by far the most fun I’ve had on the game in a long time, the car needs to be handled with care, especially over the crests it has a tendency to kick out so gear selection is key oh and the noise!! I recommend anyone getting board of the game takes up the challenge just make sure to have your TV turned right up :)

Let me know if anyone can come first and what do other people do if they feel themselves getting bogged down in all the grinding?

My favorite car of all time, although i prefer the MKII over the MKI. The least tire I would use with that car on the championship is Racing Mediums. Hards are too loose with that car and I agree completely about the stock handling, its a blast to try and control! 👍
 
I miss the GT40 road car from GT2 and GT3. Sooooooo awesome.
 
Go buy the GT LM Edition Spec-II Test Car (In the PD dealership) & try that out as well. (About 3.5m credits) It's awesome as well!
 
TheStig722
Lately I’ve spent a lot of time grinding seasonal event for cash, and through B-Spec despite promising myself I would stay well away, (I think it’s a pointless part of the game) I was starting to think that the game had lost some of its magic, and nothing left to offer me…

I was wrong!!!

Earlier today I unlocked the Ford GT 40 race car (possibly my favourite car for GT4) and decided to take it for a spin, and what better place to test such a car but the historic cup on Deep Forest. No aids, apart from ABS 1 using racing hards and driving clean, I consider myself a good driver (60 gold licences) but the best I could manage after about 10 tries was 3rd with a Toyota 7 and Chaparral 2J ahead.
Although I haven’t been able to win, YET it was by far the most fun I’ve had on the game in a long time, the car needs to be handled with care, especially over the crests it has a tendency to kick out so gear selection is key oh and the noise!! I recommend anyone getting board of the game takes up the challenge just make sure to have your TV turned right up :)

Let me know if anyone can come first and what do other people do if they feel themselves getting bogged down in all the grinding?

Only 3rd...i won the event with a countach....the gt40 must be a wild beast with the tyres ur using...the rapid elevation changes makes taming the beast even more difficult...
 
I had a similar experience except it was with the premium 427 cobra. What a challenge to keep stable! It really solidified my love of the game.
 
After I won the Historic Cup in the Buick, I never looked back and found GT5 always fun! :D
 
DeolTheBeast
After I won the Historic Cup in the Buick, I never looked back and found GT5 always fun! :D

the buick?...omfg u must be a pro
 
at A-40, my new love of this game is to now drive with 0 ABS. (Brake balance 2/2 or 3/3), relearning all tracks, and I can win la sarthe seasonal in a default suspension Enzo at 3:20 (only engine is upgraded)
 
the buick?...omfg u must be a pro

Even on Race Softs and max upgrades, it was damn nearly impossible, took me at least 50 restarts plus countless resetting the event to get a field with the 2J and Toyota near the back of the pack.

From there I had to employ some "defensive driving". Mind you this was only on Deep Forest!

Monaco was a breeze in comparison 👍 .
 
DeolTheBeast
Even on Race Softs and max upgrades, it was damn nearly impossible, took me at least 50 restarts plus countless resetting the event to get a field with the 2J and Toyota near the back of the pack.

From there I had to employ some "defensive driving". Mind you this was only on Deep Forest!

Monaco was a breeze in comparison 👍 .

lool ye...if i was to drive in real life the way i drove in both those races i think that all the drivers plus mr bernie himself would have dragged me down from the podium and beat the ****e out of me...
 
The exact same thing happened to me, with the 330 race car
 
I know took a long break from gt5 and I have gotten back into it. All the new events in seasonalnevents are awesome. PD did an awesome job with that.
 
I believe i won the GT40 using the Countach when i came in third in the historic cup.

After that i used the GT40 to gold this event. Racing tyres soft, TCS had to be set to 8 and i upped the top speed.

It took me quite a few tries en i was so glad i won it in the end. The Toyota 7 is the car you have to beware of. Once it is first and you are too far behind (or a couple of cars between it and you) you will never catch it.
 
I had a similar experience except it was with the premium 427 cobra. What a challenge to keep stable! It really solidified my love of the game.

I hate that car, understeers like crazy.
 
After I won the Historic Cup in the Buick, I never looked back and found GT5 always fun! :D

You obviously know something I don't. ;) It won't let me enter my car. :(
 
Last edited:
Back