Redundant DLC code in 25th Anniversary Edition?

deca_tarce
Deca Tarce
Apologies if this has been discussed, but I have been unable to find any mention of it.

My physical 25th edition included 2 slips of paper with DLC codes, one for the 25th content and one for the normal launch edition content (3 cars + 100k credits).

I redeemed the 25th code first, and it gave me the PS4 digital copy, all of the 25th edition content AND the 3 cars + 100k credits from the launch edition. I’m very confused about this, was the second code not supposed to be included?

tldr: did your 25th Anniversary Edition include two dlc code papers or just one?

Mine only came with the Yaris, 1 Mil. Cr., soundtrack and PS4-Version code

I looked up some unboxing videos and the European copies I saw only included the 25th Anniversary code, while the one NA copy I saw had both like mine does....I'm so confused haha

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I have been unable to find any mention of it.

My physical 25th edition included 2 slips of paper with DLC codes, one for the 25th content and one for the normal launch edition content (3 cars + 100k credits).

I redeemed the 25th code first, and it gave me the PS4 digital copy, all of the 25th edition content AND the 3 cars + 100k credits from the launch edition. I’m very confused about this, was the second code not supposed to be included?

tldr: did your 25th Anniversary Edition include two dlc code papers or just one?
My box from Sony arrived with two papers inside. The first was the pre-order bonus with 1m credits and the Yaris etc, and the other was a PS5 version bonus which all 25th Anniversary editions should include because they're all cross-platform. Both codes work, even on PS4.

My box from Sony arrived with two papers inside. The first was the pre-order bonus with 1m credits and the Yaris etc, and the other was a PS5 version bonus which all 25th Anniversary editions should include because they're all cross-platform. Both codes work, even on PS4.
So strange, so if I redeem the second code I'm just going to get duplicates of the 3 bonus cars and then another 100k credits? Or is the PS4 version save data completely separate and that code will only apply to that version?

So strange, so if I redeem the second code I'm just going to get duplicates of the 3 bonus cars and then another 100k credits? Or is the PS4 version save data completely separate and that code will only apply to that version?
It won't give you duplicates of the cars but I do believe it duplicates the credits. The first code offers 1m credits, the second code offers 100k credits, but I distinctly remember starting the game with 1.2m credits. Not exactly sure how that worked lol.

Last edited:
how about your 2nd account?

I only receive the cars on my second account not the pre order credits.

Anybody different experience?

Japanese spec 25th Anniversary edition here. Mine came with two DLC papers, one for the 1M (in Japan it's 100M), the Yaris and the 3 cars. The second DLC paper were for outside game features, that's it some PS profile pics, and some other stuff that I forgot.

DTM
how about your 2nd account?

I only receive the cars on my second account not the pre order credits.

Anybody different experience?
I got a Canadian version of the game and started it up on an Australian account. Couldn't redeem anything as they are all region locked. Started the game on a Canadian account and got the 4 cars and 1.1mil credits. Back to the AU account and it gave me the cars but no credits.

I have an issue related to this that I wonder if others have experienced or can help with. I purchased the PS5 digital standard edition and also got the PS5 physical 25th Anniversary Edition, mostly to satisfy my collection (and the fact that the physical would arrive the next week after launch).

I've been using the digital edition to play and at launch it gave me the pre-order bonus of 3 cars and 100K in credits. I hadn't even opened the 25th Anniversary Edition from the shrinkwrap until today cause I wanted to cash in on the 1M credits and other bonuses from it, but when I put the code into PSN it tells me I already own the 25th Anniversary Edition and therefore can't redeem it...

This is simply untrue as my digital version -- the only version I've played at this point -- is the standard, regular priced edition (verified from my PSN receipt). If I own the 25th Anniversary Edition, where the hell are my 1M credits, GR Yaris, 30 avatars and GT7 soundtrack? They do not exist at all anywhere on my PS5. I just don't understand why it thinks I have the 25TH AE.

I think what may be confusing it is that I technically own the PS4 digital download of GT7 (from PS5 standard digital purchase) which is also one of the redeemable things of that digital code... But I certainly don't own anything 25th AE related. What's weird is when I try to redeem the other voucher from the 25AE physical, the 3 cars + 100K credits, it won't give me the 3 cars again but it will at least give me the credits. Whereas the 25AE package refuses to give me anything at all when I never got anything in the first place.

Anyone here experienced this, and is there some workaround? Really lame that my PS5 is lying that I have content and preventing me from actually accessing it. I want those 1M credits the most. I figure I could contact Sony customer support but I have a strong feeling they won't be able to fix it and it'll be a lot of hassle for nothing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back