Reflecting on why Forza won me over

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 11 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forza full car list has not even been revealed yet and I still glad I converted over from GT. I just checked out the GT car list and they really have not listened it may say 1200 cars but really its no where near it. I lost count of how many skylines there were. Do you really need that many skylines. The track list is enviable though.. I cannot wait to get my hands on forza 5......

Only a GT fanboy would call someone a fanboy for buying Forza over GT

I'm getting both, mainly because I'm not getting a PS4, but I can't see why if they were both on the same platform why anyone would choose GT6 over FM5

I'll be getting both but FM5 excites me much more at this point. 1200 cars is an epic amount but it's still not as balanced a list as what FM5 should be. But for fans of Japanese cars you can't go wrong with GT5. Looking forward to playing both immensely.

Learn to follow the AUP, that isn't tolerated, there are tons of names that fit you and that lovely avatar but due to knowing how to follow AUP I can't say any of them.

sorry, it was the wording of it. first impressions kind of thing. ill delete it.....

you like the avatar?

I'm not likely to get either until the price drops. But if someone were to offer to give me one tomorrow (and the hardware to play it, if necessary), based on what we know now I'd pick Forza 5.

The only things I'm really interested in with GT6 are in patches, the course creator and their new sounds. The rest appears to be the best ideas of GT4 and 5 in one game. Which is a lovely thing, but I'm not seeing much that surprises me. In six to twelve months I expect I'll be more interested in playing it.

I've not seen much new other than the AI out of FM5 either, but I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) FM4 more than I enjoyed GT5. I'll eventually have both FM5 and GT6, but I know which one I'm going for first.

I get both on launch day. Neither is perfect and both have features the other one doesn't. But the new Forza Trailer looks much more awesome than the GT one, so I am happy that FM5 launches first. I had GT5 and FM4 both as well, in my case I spent much more time with GT than Forza that's why I bought the T500RS and not the Fanatec, which turned out to be a good thing. I would really be pissed if I had spent my money on the Fanatec. :)
Sometimes I have GT5 and FM4 run at the same time, letting the AI Driver earn money while I play the other game.

Last edited:
I plan to rent GT6 to see how much it has improved over GT5. If it is really good then it will be the last PS3 game I purchase. Both games have a lot of positives and a lot of negatives. GT6 seems to have taken quite a few positive steps forward from the GT5 beta.

Next year 2014 I will eventually get the X1 and probably pick up Forza 5. As a huge Forza fan, I must admit, Forza 5 has a lot more negatives this time for me that outweigh the positives. First time that has ever happened in a Forza game for me. Which is the reason I have decided not to buy the X1 at launch. F5 was the deal breaker but didn't live up to my expectations. Hopefully by the time I get the X1 next year, they will improve the game.

A Versus thread by any other name, is still a versus thread...

Feel free to move the discussion on over there 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back