Reflections of My Love of the Gran Turismo Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 6 comments
  • 546 views

JohnBM01

21 years!
In Memoriam
Messages
26,911
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
Messages
JMarine25
Hello, GTPlanet. This is John of southeastern Houston, Texas, USA.

Often times, I see threads whereas they talk as if they KNOW what GT4 will be like, and in another thread, I say that we basically know why we are here. This will a big meal to eat down, so I figure it will be my turn to speak my mind as to why I'm here on GTPlanet.


MY LOVE OF THE GT SERIES AND WHY I'M HERE

Drifting into a turn in GT1...
Racing a GTP Race Car around Midfield Raceway or rallying at Pikes Peak in GT2...
Pushing an F1 Car to the limit on a beautiful day in Tokyo in GT3...

Where does one even begin where GT4 will lead us? Many aspire to be race car drivers. Many aspire to own cars they may never own. Many aspire to enhance their interest in cars, as I have. If a car has been truly represented in any GT game, then Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital have made peoples' dreams come true since 1997 and 1998. The first GT was a bigtime diversion. Whoever would have thought that you can choose between at least 160 cars and even drive race cars and compete in pro-level events and endurances? What about racing through a challenging street circuit with the lights of the city glitter your car's sparkly paint job? How about having access to as many as 500 cars and even go rally racing in GT2? Did you enjoy getting major air and sliding wonderfully in Smokey Mountain North GT2? What about racing a twin-engined Suzuki that has 981 horsepower? Or how about a GT1 car from Toyota that almost won Le Mans? Personally, Tokyo, Japan is my favorite city in the world, and to race through downtown Tokyo like in GT3 was amazing. I was in love with F1 cars when these open-wheelers made their debut in GT3. Races were more realistic and rally tests were harder (laughing). How about looking at GT3 and look at how it looks more lovely than real life?

Kazunori Yamauchi has done a great job with his team. And you can see the Polyphony Digital building on the main straight at Tokyo R246. So when he came up with ideas of a fourth Gran Turismo, the media and GT fans were highly interested. They were as interested as children on Christmas. These "children," if you will, are hoping that Santa Yamauchi would soar through the night skies in his sleigh with his almighty reindeer, and fill the Christmas trees of our minds and hearts with a glorious package, Gran Turismo 4. Over the time between GT3's release and whenever GT4 will ship, the imaginations and anticipations of many people tend to question what this new offering will be. GT4 will be like a new pet. The more you think it is a God-given joy, the more you want to have it all to yourself (and share it with friends, of course). Surely, there will be many GT4 "pets," so many people can have the game as their own personal pet. As with any pet, it deserves love, care, affection, and attention. If it is not given that, GT4 may go away into the dark, cold, night, by its lonesome. And only a fool would leave behind what appears to be a wonderful gem, Gran Turismo 4. With the adventures of the past Gran Turismos, a fourth one will give us new adventures to share, and give out a view as to imagine what the next sequel will behold.

But with the next person posting a new thread or posting a reply about some aspect of GT4, we can only imagine what GT4 will be like. No one knows for sure, but all Kazunori and his team can do is make the game to whet the appetites of Gran Turismo fans as west as Guam to as far east as the Pacific Islands. Many people will aim to come up with bogus and sometimes extrodinary claims about GT4 as if they know all about GT4 before its release. It doesn't make anyone a better person to be something he/she is not. The media, along with the concerned public can only envision ideas about what this new series may hold. As one person has an idea, he or she will want to talk about it on a medium that many others can view, take in, and reply at will. And this is where I come in. I am on GTPlanet because I am an expressive person. I love sharing ideas, even if they are bogus. I am often praised for good ideas and interesting topics, and I am proud. I figure that my attention has been mostly devoted to Gran Turismo 4, since as I look on Yahoo, I see topics about Gran Turismo 4 and on cars, so I decided to give this one a try. And in so, I've been awarded with meeting people the world over.

I love the Gran Turismo series since getting into it around 1998 or 1999. The ideas and thoughts I have shared are out for a few reasons. It is because: 1.) Everyone thinks differentely, but we are our own family. 2.) No one knows for sure what the new game will be about. 3.) With all the different confirmations and such to be made, we want a clear-cut view of what the next GT will be, even if we THINK we know. Sometimes, the final product may surprise us. And in so, 4.) it helps us to look back and compare the final product to all the many ideas and questions we have shared. So remember, it is okay to ask questions. I am as concerned about Gran Turismo 4 as you are. Whether you are 10, 13, 21 (my current age), 42, 56, or even 76, if you like this game, I hope that my efforts to provide idea after idea, and question after question are for better, and not for worse. I don't work for ANYONE. I am basically a college student, and that's it. So with that said, why am I here? The same reason you are here. To talk GT4 and to show your love to a series conjured by Kazunori Yamauchi and his team of merry men (and women), Polyphony Digital. Gran Turismo 4 will most likely be a classic, and I hope Kazunori and PD can bring it to that status, but it will require devoted gameplayers to help the game EARN that accolade. Remember, the fans make the game, not the other way around. Thank you, and take care.


-John M. "JohnBM01"
Houston, Texas, USA
 
You type an awful lot.

Good points in there two.
 
If people already talked about why they are here and why they love the GT series why make a new thread about, just because why you like it, why not post it where others have of find a thread that may have already been open... just another somewhat useless thread..
 
If people already talked about why they are here and why they love the GT series why make a new thread about, just because why you like it, why not post it where others have of find a thread that may have already been open... just another somewhat useless thread..
 
^ Just another double post ;)

You know I have to say I wonder if you don't take this all a tad too seriously sometimes - yes we're all here because we love the GT series and are looking forward to the next installment, but I don't think I used as many affectionate analogies and descriptions writing love letters to my girlfriend, and I'm a crooning Leo with a broad vocabulary. You're only 21?

I think most of us appreciate your ideas and the way with which you develop new topics of conversation with which to keep interest peaked. Really, it's few and far between in terms of *real* news updates and media releases, so we need something like these to pass the time. One can only make so many car lists...
 
Christ thats a long post John, sadly after a boring lecture at uni today I simply cannot be bothered to read it. :D
 
Back