Regarding racing modifications

• Thread starter Munckeyz
  • 7 comments
England
England
Munckeyz
OK, so I know you can race modify most cars (and even with some of the cars you can't, race modded versions do exist in the code - they're just unusable in normal gameplay. The Acura NSXs come to mind), which paints them in racing livery and (I assume) makes them more suitable for racing in some regard.

My question is, where in the game do the racing modified cars appear, other than just having them as an option to tune the player's car? Do the AI races ever have racing modified cars in them?

I'm only asking because with the limited selection of actual race cars in the game, I'd wager that some of the higher tier races could get a bit boring. That being said, I have not played GT2 too much myself so I wouldn't know... But, I still think it'd be neat if you could race against a different lineup of cars all painted with a nice racing get-up.

I've tried the buy any car code and tried to buy the standalone racing modified cars, but they all say "No NameNo Name" in the bottom of the Sim Mode HUD, and all have the same hp/weight etc.

Is there any way to change some values in the ISO to unlock the cars for the AI to use in the higher tier races (I'd just like to see some of the racing modifications being driven -- seems like a waste not to, really)?

Apologies if this is a stupid thread.
Thanks!

If you`re asking if the AI use racing modifications in races then Yes I think I have seen some of the AI Racing modded cars before. I could be wrong, but I sworn I`ve seen a Nissan Primera touring car before in a race along with the Ford Mondeo and more! I`ll have a look again tomorrow to try and back this up. If you were looking for something else, I apologise but always here to try and help.

The Super Touring series has AI opponents using Race Modded cars such as the '90 Primera/G20, '93 Civic 3-door, Renault Laguna, Ford Mondeo, '96 Honda Accord, Opel/Vauxhall Vectra, etc.

Also, some Rally events use Race Modded cars like the Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver. II, Daihatsu Storia/Sirion X4, Lancer Evo VI GSR, Peugeot 306 S16, Celica GT-Four ST165 and ST185, etc.

RMs appear in the Super Touring Trophy which can have the possible AI permutations:

Honda Accord SiR-T
Honda Accord Sedan
Honda Civic EG
Nissan Primera eGT
Nissan Primera GT
Peugeot 406
Renault Laguna
Toyota Chaser Touring S
Toyota Exiv
Vauxhall Vectra

Other genuine super tourers such as the Ford Mondeo, Alfa Romeo 155 and Audi A4, as well as the inaccurate-but-possible BMW 320 RM, do not appear as AI opponents.

The only other time you can race against RM cars are in the one-make events. Otherwise the game only ever uses race cars of some sort, not RM cars, aside from the aforementioned rally stages.

RMs appear in the Super Touring Trophy which can have the possible AI permutations:

Honda Accord SiR-T
Honda Accord Sedan
Honda Civic EG
Nissan Primera eGT
Nissan Primera GT
Peugeot 406
Renault Laguna
Toyota Chaser Touring S
Toyota Exiv
Vauxhall Vectra

Other genuine super tourers such as the Ford Mondeo, Alfa Romeo 155 and Audi A4, as well as the inaccurate-but-possible BMW 320 RM, do not appear as AI opponents.

The only other time you can race against RM cars are in the one-make events. Otherwise the game only ever uses race cars of some sort, not RM cars, aside from the aforementioned rally stages.

Occasionally, a F2 306 will appear in the NA Tuned Cup. ;)

Ooh, excellent. Can't say I have ever had that yet.

Oh and of course, the [R]Lister Storm from the World Championship and All-Stars is not a race car. It's an RM job.

Back