Regarding "special guests," and more thoughts on Brand Central.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
By this, I'm referring to how various real-world drivers may have guest appearances in GT games, with GTS featuring Lewis Hamilton. What I wanted to discuss, is how the GT series could potentially keep featuring some of this content, since I don't think the videos, etc. that were associated with these projects should go to waste.

Now, I recall that a lot of this content was more or less in the form of videos that may be seen before/during/after an in-game event, like the Sebastien Loeb event in GT5. So as a result, my idea is that these videos could simply be added to the "Gran Turismo" brand page channel/museum, where you could still view them, and there could be flavor text providing context for each piece of content. With this in mind, if a given car/track from these prior challenges also appears in a future GT game - for example, Loeb's Citroen C4 WRC and the Eiger Nordwand course - I also think there could still be hidden trophies for beating the original gold medal times for these challenges, without any tuning, and in a Time Trial.

In addition, I had an idea for a minor feature where a player could "assign" a livery for a suit/helmet to a given car. This would be good if the specialized g-suit for a certain GT6 car (I can't recall if it was one of the SRT VGTs, or one of the Red Bull racers) were to return, and/or the special Senna suits/helms you could obtain in the respective GT6 events.

I am unsure, however, where the cars associated with these "special guests" should appear within Brand Central (or its successor altogether). It would seem obvious to add them to the respective automakers, such as Senna's Lotus going under the Lotus label. But I did have another idea just now: Senna, like we see with Lewis Hamilton in GTS (and Jay Leno in GT6), could remain its own "brand," and both of them could have videos/museums from GT6 and GTS respectively, with Andretti's Hudson appearing under the Gran Turismo brand along with its respective "First Love" videos. After all, it feels like between all three of these, Andretti's Hudson as an actual car has the most involvement with GT itself.

In regards to the livery editor, I had a few ideas:
-Cars with a digital number readout could have both the number itself changed, but also the color. Similarly, the color could be changed on LEDs/neons that may appear on endurance racers like the new Ford GT GTE.
-I'd also like to see an option to overlay a decal to the entire body of the car that may have multiple color options, much like in games like NFS Most Wanted 2005, as well as the option to leave all the default decals in place, so that you can replace them with another brand if you'd like, while also keeping said decal in the same place, instead of removing them all.
-Overall, I'd like to see more potential options/QoL changes in the livery editor that can make the creation of a good-looking livery easier for players. I believe if you want people to use a certain feature, it should be easy/convenient to use. Not that I think the livery editor is bad, but I'd ideally like it to be designed insofar that when I see other players with custom designs, they look better than what I'm currently seeing.

And finally, in regards to the Brand Central UI/UX in a future title, I had some thoughts:
-VGTs would no longer be under their own tab, assuming we are discussing a hypothetical moment where all VGTs have been added. Instead, I'd make each brand have a single showroom tab, but within it, I'd have the option to sort the cars by price, year, or class, with N100 at one end, and Gr.X at the other. However, if the VGT program is still ongoing, I'd keep the VGT tab, but place all Gr.X VGTs within it, whereas in GTS, there's a few VGTs in Gr.1 that are still in the VGT tab.

One more aside: Doesn't the FT-1 Concept have an official weight? It says its weight is unknown in GTS, but surely they're at least using an estimated value for physics reasons. I think it should be in the N-series next time around.

Back