Reluctance to issue penalties on illegal divebombs?

United States
United States
Made this account just to ask this question.

So Im confused if its an oversight on PD's part or if my understanding of the rule is wrong. Hadn't really had an issue with it until this week's GR1 on Spa (Picked the game up about
a month ago)

The issue is I keep getting hit on the inside by divebombers who seem to be taking turns too hot. By this I mean I will be in the middle of a turn, get hit off the track from the inside, which allows the aggressor to correct their angle and continue unscathed, without a penalty, while I fly off into the sand/wall

Seems like the penalty system allows people to strategically be late on their braking line in order to use contact to eliminate the person theyre passing *as well* as correct their understeer due to entering the turn at too high a speed.

I understand that if someone is on my tail that it is necessary to cover the inside line, and that if I dont do so I need to leave space for them to attempt a move. This isnt the situation though.

Seems like as long as you take the inside line on GT Sport you can hit the person in front of you however you want. Again I dont mind this as much in GR3 or GR4 but in GR1 it absolutely ruins the race, especially when it happens 2 or 3 times

Just as a qualifier, my DR is B and my SR is A. I know how not to drive like a d***

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Welcome to GTP :cheers:.

If you like reading: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/penalty-system-is-still-a-piece-of.378725/unread

The penalty system is a contentious part of the game and pd had been struggling to code it correctly for a while now. However don’t let it deter you, there is still great racing to be had, you just have to adjust your driving to the system, for example with your problem I would advise defending the inside very very early to force the attacker to the outside.

If you’d rather, there are plenty of leagues/races on this forum to enter 👍.

Last edited:
Back