RemasteredControls_GTPsp (GTpsp vector throttle/brake plugin)

Last month on and off I've made a plugin for GTPsp that enables vector steering/braking and reduces steering deadzone

Check it out on https://github.com/Kethen/RemasteredControls_GTpsp

Does it work for PPSSPP on phones? There's a guy called Poor_Ole (I believe he's on GTPlanet just not active anymore) who managed to do this using a script called "ADHD-Analog-to-Digital" but it only works on PC and he's never made a video on how to set up the values.

Does it work for PPSSPP on phones? There's a guy called Poor_Ole (I believe he's on GTPlanet just not active anymore) who managed to do this using a script called "ADHD-Analog-to-Digital" but it only works on PC and he's never made a video on how to set up the values.
It works as long as you can bind right stick/analog

I've used it with my android phone with a controller, but I've never tried binding the on screen virtual buttons

It works as long as you can bind right stick/analog

I've used it with my android phone with a controller, but I've never tried binding the on screen virtual buttons
I could use a bit of help Katie. What raw files should I download on my phone and where do I put said files? I've downloaded the raw file for plugin.ini and moved it to the "Plugin" file in PPSSPP. Am I on the right path?

Last edited:
I could use a bit of help Katie. What raw files should I download on my phone and where do I put said files? I've downloaded the raw file for plugin.ini and moved it to the "Plugin" file in PPSSPP. Am I on the right path?
https://www.ppsspp.org/docs/reference/plugins/
1. create directory <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/PLUGINS
2. create directory <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/PLUGINS/RemasteredControlsGTPsp
3. put GTRemastered.prx and plugin.ini in <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/PLUGINS/RemasteredControlsGTPsp

2. create directory <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/PLUGINS/RemasteredControlsGTPsp
3. put GTRemastered.prx and plugin.ini in <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/PLUGINS/RemasteredControlsGTPsp
I'm still confused as to what I am doing is right or not. Here's what I did:

Screenshot_20231216-013155_My Files.jpg

After creating the RemasteredControls_GTPSP file; I hopped into PPSSPP, assigned the right analog stick but nothing happened. How should I proceed?

Last edited:
I'm still confused as to what I am doing is right or not. Here's what I did:

View attachment 1312130

After creating the RemasteredControls_GTPSP file; I hopped into PPSSPP, assigned the right analog stick but nothing happened. How should I proceed?
Download plugin.ini and GTRemastered.prx from the release tab

then:
<PPSSPP memory stick directory> is the directory you picked when you first started ppsspp, not the sdcard/internal storage of the phone
For example you can find your game saves at <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/SAVEDATA

Last edited:
Download plugin.ini and GTRemastered.prx from the release tab

then:

<PPSSPP memory stick directory> is the directory you picked when you first started ppsspp, not the sdcard/internal storage of the phone
For example you can find your game saves at <PPSSPP memory stick directory>/PSP/SAVEDATA
Can you send me screenshots of what I should do because I'm a bit lost to be honest 😅. I downloaded the prx and plugin files. No problem. The memory stick directory (called SAVEDATA) is in the PSP folder in my internal storage.

@KatieCookie
I think I figured out the problem. I have the wrong version of the game
20231218_013145.jpg

@KatieCookie I downloaded the European version of the game and there's a problem with acceleration. The acceleration is either stuck at 20 - 25% or is not analog. On the other hand the brakes work fine and are responsive.

This is the final edit. I figured out the problem with the acceleration and it turns out that assigning the Right Analog stick's Left results in wacky acceleration and the solution is to push the stick forward when assigning RightAn. Left. There's no need to assign RightAn. Right as it doesn't have a function.

Massive thank you @KatieCookie for making analog acceleration/braking possible.

Last edited:
Hey Katie! I got it to work after making a new save file, and the steering is super nice and crisp thanks a lot :) however, when I map the trigger buttons to the specified right analog spots, it works, but it only goes like 75% throttle. Is it my controller? Is there a way I get set the sensitivity to fix a possible gap in the deadzone of my triggers? It also only does 75% if I use the right analog. Its the en, uk 2.0 version. Thanks!
Last month on and off I've made a plugin for GTPsp that enables vector steering/braking and reduces steering deadzone

Check it out on https://github.com/Kethen/RemasteredControls_GTpsp

Last edited:
Hey Katie! I got it to work after making a new save file, and the steering is super nice and crisp thanks a lot :) however, when I map the trigger buttons to the specified right analog spots, it works, but it only goes like 75% throttle. Is it my controller? Is there a way I get set the sensitivity to fix a possible gap in the deadzone of my triggers? It also only does 75% if I use the right analog. Its the en, uk 2.0 version. Thanks!
If you're on windows with a xbox360-like xinput controller, you'll need ppsspp newer than v1.16.6 as noted on the release, so the next release or one of the fresh git builds ("Automated PPSSPP builds")

If you're on other platforms with other controllers and you have deadzone issues like that, check ppsspp analog deadzone settings and test your controller with other softwares

If your controller has issues you might be able to work around it using ppsspp analog deadzone settings

Edit: if you enabled "Circular stick input" for some reason, disable that as well, as it modifies stick normalization

Last edited:
If you're on windows with a xbox360-like xinput controller, you'll need ppsspp newer than v1.16.6 as noted on the release, so the next release or one of the fresh git builds ("Automated PPSSPP builds")

If you're on other platforms with other controllers and you have deadzone issues like that, check ppsspp analog deadzone settings and test your controller with other softwares

If your controller has issues you might be able to work around it using ppsspp analog deadzone settings

Edit: if you enabled "Circular stick input" for some reason, disable that as well, as it modifies stick normalization
Newest version of PPSSPP on android. I've used a gamepad testing app and all of the inputs go to 100%. I have my stick sensitivity set to less than 1, trying to fix that steering deadzone before... Maybe that could be it. I'll try setting to default tonight and let you know

just want to sadly confirm that the plugin doesn't work on the vita. it doesn't even seem to appear on the plugin settings despite the prx itself and plugin.ini existing on the folder. posting this since i don't any extensive knowledge on how to modify the plugin to fit the vita's liking, other than that the plugin works perfectly inside PPSSPP :cheers:

small edit: deleted the other plugins inside adrenaline, plugin appears inside recovery but no luck in function yet

Attachments

• 2024-04-06-221137.jpg
    2024-04-06-221137.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2024-04-06-221312.jpg
    2024-04-06-221312.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hey Katie. Is it possible to map the throttle to the triggers? I have a controller with pressure sensitive triggers but when i map them it works like a button. There's an option called Analog trigger threshold but changing its value in either direction doesn't seem to do anything. (I'm on android 1.17.1 btw) Thanks.

Last edited:
just want to sadly confirm that the plugin doesn't work on the vita. it doesn't even seem to appear on the plugin settings despite the prx itself and plugin.ini existing on the folder. posting this since i don't any extensive knowledge on how to modify the plugin to fit the vita's liking, other than that the plugin works perfectly inside PPSSPP :cheers:

small edit: deleted the other plugins inside adrenaline, plugin appears inside recovery but no luck in function yet

Hm interesting, do note that PSVita Adrenaline does not install PSP plugins the same way as PPSSPP, try looking up how one can prepare game, not vsh, not pops, prx for Adrenaline

The plugin.ini is only for PPSSPP :)

On the other hand while the hooking routines for real devices are there, I have yet to test them... If you manage to load it check if the log file ms0:/PSP/GTRemastered.log was created on the PSP filesystem at least

Hey Katie. Is it possible to map the throttle to the triggers? I have a controller with pressure sensitive triggers but when i map them it works like a button. There's an option called Analog trigger threshold but changing its value in either direction doesn't seem to do anything. (I'm on android 1.17.1 btw) Thanks.

Yes it is possible. On some controllers however android PPSSPP might detect for example "pad1.R2 + pad1.Gas+" while attempting to map "RightAn.Left" onto right trigger for throttle. If that happens, try mapping again by first holding down the trigger, start the mapping of "RightAn.Left" on the touch screen, then release the trigger so that it detects "pad1.Gas+" only

Screenshot_20240427-220046_PPSSPP.png

The control name "pad1.Gas+" might vary depending on keymap file ended up being used on your Android firmware. The above screenshot is from my Backbone One PS edition version 1 with LineageOS 20(Android 13).

Meanwhile, note that the "Analog trigger threshold" setting on PPSSPP is for when one maps an analog stick on a real controller to let's say, the four face buttons on the PSP, how much the stick should move before triggering button presses. It is not for mapping analog controls to analog controls :)

Last edited:
Hm interesting, do note that PSVita Adrenaline does not install PSP plugins the same way as PPSSPP, try looking up how one can prepare game, not vsh, not pops, prx for Adrenaline

The plugin.ini is only for PPSSPP :)

On the other hand while the hooking routines for real devices are there, I have yet to test them... If you manage to load it check if the log file ms0:/PSP/GTRemastered.log was created on the PSP filesystem at least

Yes it is possible. On some controllers however android PPSSPP might detect for example "pad1.R2 + pad1.Gas+" while attempting to map "RightAn.Left" onto right trigger for throttle. If that happens, try mapping again by first holding down the trigger, start the mapping of "RightAn.Left" on the touch screen, then release the trigger so that it detects "pad1.Gas+" only

View attachment 1350807

The control name "pad1.Gas+" might vary depending on keymap file ended up being used on your Android firmware. The above screenshot is from my Backbone One PS edition version 1 with LineageOS 20(Android 13).

Meanwhile, note that the "Analog trigger threshold" setting on PPSSPP is for when one maps an analog stick on a real controller to let's say, the four face buttons on the PSP, how much the stick should move before triggering button presses. It is not for mapping analog controls to analog controls :)
Damn. You know everything.
Screenshot_20240427-142920.png

Attachments

• 26bdc049-c693-4ffb-a7d0-2742d796d403-small.png
    26bdc049-c693-4ffb-a7d0-2742d796d403-small.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
Back