Remember GT-TV Mode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sven
  • 20 comments
  • 1,164 views
Messages
1,087
Hey guys, you remember when GT4 was first announced at E3 '03, and they said that there would be a mode in the game called "GT TV"? Well, this popped into my head today for some reason, I don't know why, and I wanted to bring the topic back up for speculation.

It's mentioned and explained in this thread.

So what do you think's become of this? I haven't heard anything at all about any "GT TV" mode since a year ago, and they didn't even mention it at this E3. Did the idea change into photomode, or does GT TV still exist? Is it maybe an extension of photomode, where you set up a race, watch it fold out, and take pictures as it happens?

GT TV has been almost eerily absent from any GT4 conversation over the past year. What do you suppose has become of it?
 
From what I hear, the GT-TV is an oline mode where you watch as a spectator. You just sit back, and watch a live race going on.
 
I'm thinking it got scrapped because it wasn't that great of an addition. I'd much rather be racing than be watching one of my cars race.
 
repost*? I haven't heard a thing about it. Getting a little turned off by gt4, I hate to say, taking so long. :nervous:
 
McLaren F1GTR
From what I hear, the GT-TV is an oline mode where you watch as a spectator. You just sit back, and watch a live race going on.

Ohhhh, i like the sound of this. I think this will be in the online part of game because if sony or PD run comps, they can sit in and make sure no one is cheating or trying to knock others off, plus i would love watching some of you race online, lol.
 
yea i think he mentioned it in the first post..?
 
In it self it's a nice idea. I played an online game called F1REM for a few years which had the same concept. The part that made it fun was the "unknown factor". You could have planned it al in theory put you never knew what was going to happen in the race; changes in weather or other unforseen events.

However, I don't think this concept is very well suited for Gran Turismo, the ultimate driving experience. This says it allready: the ultimate driving experience. Since nobody is really driving this doesn't add anything to the game IMHO.

Hopefully they have left it out, I think PD should spend their time on (perfecting) the core of the game: the actual driving.
 
counter strike on xbox has spectator mode. this wouldnot be hard to add to the online part it would just be like watching a replay in real time. it would be good to watch the racers of your clan/team to see how they are going.
 
I've been thinking about it too, it hasnt been mentioned at all!

I really hope the idea is implemented, it would be great!

After playing for hours on end, when dinner comes, switch it to GT TV mode and watch 👍
 
After reading the other GT-Tv thread linked in the first post i can say im not really too happy about the idea of it being like a race manager type of thing, However i do enjoy watching replays of myself driving so as an online spectator mode 👍 sounds good. The online factor is very important in this as the races will actually be races with all drivers trying to win as opposed to watching my own car out in front with the AI going aproximately 0mph around each turn.
 
Yes i would also like to be able to watch some close races online. Make sure you dont get too nervous and spin out when racing online, you never know who is watching and who can laugh at you.
 
sounds like another little retarded option that will ad maybe an hour or two to the life of the game.
 
People who would rather watch a game than play are on par with people who would rather recieve than give....
 
If they do use this as an online spektator type of a deal then this would be good to size up your opponent's be for an upcoming race, and you will be able to see where they are slow and fast, plus if one day you break your thumbs and are unable to play then you can still sit back and enjoy GT-racing :)
 
that would be great!!

you can watch the final of a sony challange. you can watch the best gt racer of the world or your clan mates.

PD give us that mode, please!!

mfg
Markus
 
What if the Toyota Vitz/Yaris/Echo has a race car version that's all covered in two different shades of pink, and you can only race this Race Car to complete the game at 100%? Is THAT good? (just kidding)
 
Okay how about this, maybe PD will use this to watch big races and such. They might even record the races, well important ones and maybe they could post the good races online for downloading, that wouldnt be a bad idea.
 
i hope i can watch some professional drifters (gt4 players) drift and learn from them
 
Nemo
People who would rather watch a game than play are on par with people who would rather recieve than give....

depends on what your recieveing... dont answer that 👍


Spectator mode is nothing new to online racers. What was supposed to make gt4 special was that hundreds of people were supposed to be able to watch 1 race last time i checked (2 months ago).
 
Back