Remember the Lamborghini Vision GT?

• Thread starter Its No Use
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
Sonic54978
Seven months ago, the new Vision GT car was announced during the GT Sport Championship in Monte Carlo. It was said the car would be released during the spring of this year.

For some reason, that never came to be. Instead we got a Mazda RX-VISION GT3 car, which isn't even classified as a Vision GT car in-game.

Anybody know what happened to it?

i1Hcy3TXNxb48O.jpg

Seven months ago, the new Vision GT car was announced during the GT Sport Championship in Monte Carlo. It was said the car would be released during the spring of this year.

For some reason, that never came to be. Instead we got a Mazda RX-VISION GT3 car, which isn't even classified as a Vision GT car in-game.

Anybody know what happened to it?

i1Hcy3TXNxb48O.jpg
It hasn't arrived yet. The Mazda was also announced at the same event, for reference.

I think the Mazda is a more important car in the scheme of things than this... its GT3... it has a use.

The Lamborghini will either be Gr.X only which means its useless. Like the Jaguar VGT. Remember that? No?

OR...

Its like the twin Audi VGTs back in 2018... one is GrX and one is Gr.1 - at least there's some use for one of those.

We havent seen a Gr.X league thing in ages and really, they aint popular in that league unlike 1979.

So either way I'm not too excited about the Lamborghini. At best it keeps the McLaren VGT company.

Otherwise its another forgotten useless Gr.X car.

Even if its performance is similar to the x2014 I dont think youll be able to race them together.

From looks alone and the way the suspension is laid out and the way Lamborghini does engines, the closest rival is the McLaren VGT.

I would assume its a hybrid 5.0+ V12 of some sort... if its just an NA V12 then thats a bold move.

In that case it would just about destroy all other VGTs...

It's also still Spring.
It's also still not here.
Because it's not a Vision GT.
No ****.
I think the Mazda is a more important car in the scheme of things than this... its GT3... it has a use.

The Lamborghini will either be Gr.X only which means its useless. Like the Jaguar VGT. Remember that? No?

OR...

Its like the twin Audi VGTs back in 2018... one is GrX and one is Gr.1 - at least there's some use for one of those.

We havent seen a Gr.X league thing in ages and really, they aint popular in that league unlike 1979.

So either way I'm not too excited about the Lamborghini. At best it keeps the McLaren VGT company.

Otherwise its another forgotten useless Gr.X car.
I get your point. Mazda's is actually going to be used in Sport, unlike the Lamborghini. Even then, one would think the Lamborghini would have arrived alongside the Mazda in the same update, but that didn't really happen. As a fan of Vision GT cars, it personally disappoints me. At least there is the McLaren VGT... still sounds amazing.

The reason they dont put the two cars in one update is they want to spread the content out as far as possible.

There's still 7 months left of the year. They are sort of committed to 7 updates? Maybe? Maybe not?

They dont want to give you too much too soon because the cupboard is bare, the bottom of barrel is being scraped...

I dont have high hopes... I feel like they will realease the Lamborghini Gr1 and GrX AND a track in one update coming soon.

I think people will call me wildly optimistic for that!

Yeah I remember I was impatient to play that one the instant I saw it at Monaco, I also remember PD has announced a Porsche VGT and the 917 living legend for the first half of 2020 when they released the Taycan last automn. So I guess we can reasonably expect one of these very soon. I bet the 917 living legend will be the first to be released ...

Doesn't matter what class it will be in. One make races do happen in Sport Mode. Also, now with SM TT events. The car would get some early use. PD/Kaz have not hinted at any new content for GTS. Even though this content was promised. IMO, we have what we have. Although GT7 is a long way off, we might get something. It's sad that the faucet has been closed off quite a bit.

To be fair it says Vision GT right in it's name:D

If you're talking about the Mazda it's actually RX-Vision GT3 Concept 2020 (Gr.3), the important bit being the GT3 since all Vision Gran Turismo's have the full title in the master car list. :)

They must be getting close to some kind of reasonable substantive update. Sure we can put the blame on covid and the need to push GT7 but it feels like they just abandoned this for the longest time.

I am 90% certain PD will still deliver the Lamborghini VGT to Sport along with the 917 Living Legend and the VGT, they have already made articles stating they will be added to the game in the future so it would be a bit poor to not deliver them.

Given that Season 3 of the FIA championships finishes on the 8 August I have a feeling the next content update will be after that which may well see the Lambo and new content appear all being well!

I wouldn't get too hyped about it. When players get access to it, the complaints will start.

"This is why I hate VGTs!"

"Only 190mph?!!! I can go faster in a Corvette!"

"We can't change the color!"

"Only two colors?.. and I don't like either!"

"Why do PD waste resources with these stoopid VGT cars? We could have the (enter any car)!!!"

"We waited one year for this?!"

"I read somewehere we were getting the Espada :confused:"

"I haven't played GT Sport in 2 years. This is all they can come up with? I'm going back to Need For Speed"

(insert some type of Simpson meme)"...."

"Kaz has really lost it this time. A car I can't use at all."

"Why can't PD give us real cars!" (gets told this is a real car and proof via pic from the Monaco World Tour) "Well, it's not a real car someone can buy!"

Back