Reminiscent of your favorite Driving Games long ago

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambob
  • 5 comments
  • 750 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,612
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Messages
NobleAtreides
Just gathering a list of games, you game across that involved Driving, prefereably a wheel, at arcade or at home:

Turbo (Coleco)
Pole Position (Arcade)
Super Sprint (Arcade Multi-player)
Demolition Derby (Arcade)
Bump n Jump Arcade / Coleco
Hang-On (Arcade / Sega)
Hard Drivin' (Arcade / Vector graphics, hyper realism)
Test Drive - Commodore Amiga
Need For Speed (PC circa around 1995)
Need for Speed Most Wanted, the one of best NFS for me
NFS Underground, the worst driving game EVER (played 1 lap and trashed it)
GT5 :) acheived 60 Golds as of late, and working to Gold AMG, then slowly retiring/letting go of game on Nür as I head back to some PC gaming.
NFS Shift 2 TBA Tomorrow!!
(GT6 & 7 in production, I doubt I or PD will live to see 8)
 
NFS:PU (Porsche Unleashed) was my all-time favorite. It converted me from arrow keys to joystick and then to wheel. Such a fun game and i also experienced my first online racing! It had a ghost mode where you followed the other racers but would never actually come in contact with them.

I enjoyed the entire NFS and even had fun with the first two Underground games...but I always went back to NFS:PU...that is until GT4 and now GT5. I just wish I could load up some of those old tracks with the GT5 engine.
 
NFS:PU (Porsche Unleashed) was my all-time favorite. It converted me from arrow keys to joystick and then to wheel. Such a fun game and i also experienced my first online racing! It had a ghost mode where you followed the other racers but would never actually come in contact with them.

I enjoyed the entire NFS and even had fun with the first two Underground games...but I always went back to NFS:PU...that is until GT4 and now GT5. I just wish I could load up some of those old tracks with the GT5 engine.

Same here. I loved racing through Swarzwald and the Alps in my red 996 Turbo. And the other Nfs's bring back good memories too. I think im going to take a few days off from GT5 to play those old good one's again.

Long live NFS (and GT too ofcourse) :sly:
 
Yeah, only problem with NFS:PU is that you've got to start out in the 356's for about 20 races before you get to the fun cars. My favorite car in that game was the 944 though. Too bad RUF never tuned one so we could drive it in GT5.

i loved the hidden short cuts that NFS always put in. I kind of wish GT did that but only if the routes were equivalent. Made things interesting when you would see cars split off in different directions and wonder who was going to get to the next intersection first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back