Remote Racing = Stupid

Demolisher_1
So...

1.) I have to have friends willing to share their drivers (if they ever get on this game anymore)
2.) I have to use the cars the game says to use.
3.) I have to do races that wont help me in B-Spec Career
4.) I have to have my PS3 on
5.) I have to do races that wont help me in B-Spec Career

... yeah, this feature will not be used by me. Waste of time.

6.) I dont have to use it if I dont want to

This thing is great, I already made over 250k and leveled up 25 to 26.

How is it a waste of time? Add some people from the thread for B-Spec racing PSN ID's, do whatever you want, go to sleep, wake up the next day, and there you have it (probably): Money, and you did nothing to get it. If anything it's a waste of time not to!

As for hosting races, you could leave your PS3 in server mode and use your phone (if you have an internet enabled one) to run races while you're out. At least I hope it works on an iPhone, I have yet to check.

Edit: I will admit, though, it would be even better if you could start a race and let it run in the background while you do other races on your PS3... Although technically challenging, it would ensure that this feature does get used for quite a while instead of getting forgotten about, which I can see happening.

How is it a waste of time?

I have to be in the game. I didn't buy a PS3 just for GT5.

... and random people clogging up my friends list doesn't excite me.

The longest race is 20min so leaving it on overnight would be stupid for PS3 longevity and electricity consumption's sake. (without purpose) Why would there not be the 9hr or 24hr races?

Letting us use AI to race against would have been the smart thing, then we aren't limited to what other people want to do.

Last edited:
You share your Bobs online.
Other people (i.e. not you) pick your Bobs to race with.
Win or lose, your Bobs earn money.

Therefore, you don't even need to have your PS3 on to earn money. At least I'm pretty sure of that.

As for not wanting people you don't know on your friends list, that's your decision, but you might actually get some use (read: money) out of an otherwise useless feature if you added one or two people who are keen on Remote Racing.

Last edited:
neema_t
You share your Bobs online.
Other people (i.e. not you) pick your Bobs to race with.
Win or lose, your Bobs earn money.

Therefore, you don't even need to have your PS3 on to earn money. At least I'm pretty sure of that.

This.
Only leave the PS3 on when your going to have acces to the Internet so you can host races yourself. Even when the ps3 is off your friends can use your bobs to earn you money.

I kind of agree, in that I'll probably never use it when I'm at my PS3. However, when I'm not at my PS3, I will probably use it. But yeah, I can't see people still doing it in a few months, so I may as well make the most of it now!

You can leave it off, play something else, or whatever, and your PSN friends will race against your Bobs without you having to do anything. You only need the PS3 on & running GT5 in order to host a race yourself, which you can then view & re-enter online on PC or whatever.

I just set it up and ran my first race currently on my second...not sure I get it.

You can't select the car you drive or your opponents car, you can't tune the car, you can't control your Bob (tell him to overtake etc.) What determines who wins the race? Simply the highest level driver? Best car? What contol do we have?

daraidz
I just set it up and ran my first race currently on my second...not sure I get it.

You can't select the car you drive or your opponents car, you can't tune the car, you can't control your Bob (tell him to overtake etc.) What determines who wins the race? Simply the highest level driver? Best car? What contol do we have?

It's a combo of driver and car,

2 lv30 bobs one in a AMG SLS the other in the McLaren mp-4 12. The McLaren wins.

One level 10 bob one level 20 the level 10 in the McLaren the level 20 in the SLS. SLS wins.

I have to be in the game. I didn't buy a PS3 just for GT5.

... and random people clogging up my friends list doesn't excite me.

The longest race is 20min so leaving it on overnight would be stupid for PS3 longevity and electricity consumption's sake. (without purpose) Why would there not be the 9hr or 24hr races?

Letting us use AI to race against would have been the smart thing, then we aren't limited to what other people want to do.

i just typed so much s.h.i.t to this but realized it was a waste of my time just like this entire thread

This.
Only leave the PS3 on when your going to have acces to the Internet so you can host races yourself. Even when the ps3 is off your friends can use your bobs to earn you money.

You can leave it off, play something else, or whatever, and your PSN friends will race against your Bobs without you having to do anything. You only need the PS3 on & running GT5 in order to host a race yourself, which you can then view & re-enter online on PC or whatever.

Ok, that makes it a little better. I just wish my friends would share their Bobs.

i just typed so much s.h.i.t to this but realized it was a waste of my time just like this entire thread

Good thing you didn't because it would have probably been impulse fanboy rage.

so......we cant remote race say, the GT World Championship? or any other Bspec race?

well thats......stupid, but not complaining about the free XP and money

so......we cant remote race say, the GT World Championship? or any other Bspec race?

well thats......stupid, but not complaining about the free XP and money

Yeah, not complaining about that either, just wish I could remotely progress through the campaign races and do it without having to find other people willing to get on the game and share their drivers.

I can understand your frustration about the not being able to progress through B-Spec series with it. Maybe thats cause I finished everything but the enduros. But what really would be the point? The reason you proceed through B-Spec in to earn money and Xp, is it not? Well this does the same thing and you dont have to lift a finger.

Not trying to be condescending, just working out the reasoning. If you have B-Spec drivers, share them and add me a friend. I'll be sure to host some and get your boys working for ya.

So...

1.) I have to have friends willing to share their drivers (if they ever get on this game anymore)

1. True.
2. True.
3. Not true, your driver(s) will advance in level, and you get cash. 👍
4. Only for hosting.
5. Again, your driver(s) will advance in level, and get you cash. :)

As a matter of fact, your B-Spec drivers will level up really, really fast when put up against high level drivers, win or lose, doesn't matter.

Woke up this morning to find my four B-Spec drivers hard at work in someone elses race, and around 300k waiting for me to collect. 👍 And I had to do exactly *nothing* for it.

Now returning the favor, which is easy, because it can be done while the rest of family can enjoy the TV while I play remote, and it doesn't require any interaction.

It's definitely a social feature, because you can make your friends more money than yourself (you can select multiple drivers from any of your friends, but only one of yourself).

So, I disagree: remote racing = cool! :D

Remote play should have allowed you to run all normal BSpec activities as if you were on your PS3 from any webbrowers. Like a RDP connection. One could even do it with A Spec and keyboard.

That way all of us who have to go to work we can enjoy some level of GT5 in the back ground when the bos is not watching.

I did try take the PS3 into work but throwing the controller in the bin everytime someone came into the office then still having to switch input on the monitor became too hard.

Instead I can start a race which I can't watch from my brower and can't have any impact on by giving my BSpec direction. Its basically like AI v AI.

Possibly not in line with Sony's stratergy.

That said I love the free XP and Credits and it will help me hit my target to own all the cars in the game. Harder now that Extreme:Dream credits reduced.

Happy gaming
BigAlCupaChino Aspec 34 Bspec 40 95% completed 955 cars (946 unique) 153134.0km driven - Next challange ASpec 24hr enduros over Easter Weekend

1. True.
2. True.
4. Only for hosting.

As a matter of fact, your B-Spec drivers will level up really, really fast when put up against high level drivers, win or lose, doesn't matter.

Woke up this morning to find my four B-Spec drivers hard at work in someone elses race, and around 300k waiting for me to collect. 👍 And I had to do exactly *nothing* for it.

Now returning the favor, which is easy, because it can be done while the rest of family can enjoy the TV while I play remote, and it doesn't require any interaction.

It's definitely a social feature, because you can make your friends more money than yourself (you can select multiple drivers from any of your friends, but only one of yourself).

👍 👍

I never used Bspec until today. Thanks to all my mates who have earnt me cash I'm more than happy to setup a few remote races to return the favour!!

Awesome feature IMHO.

So...

You have lots of people on here that will be your friend. Just put your drivers online and you won't have to leave your PS3 on. Easy money dude.
Feel free to add me.:)

You have nothing to lose, its all win win. Give it a shot. 👍

Schmo
Not trying to be condescending, just working out the reasoning. If you have B-Spec drivers, share them and add me a friend. I'll be sure to host some and get your boys working for ya.

WRECKU
You have lots of people on here that will be your friend. Just put your drivers online and you won't have to leave your PS3 on. Easy money dude.
Feel free to add me.:)

You have nothing to lose, its all win win. Give it a shot. 👍

Ok, seeing how it's now clear on how exactly it works... I'll add you guys and try it out.

1. True.
2. True.
4. Only for hosting.

thanks ok now we can close this stupid thread

add

PSN: IanBlake

Back