remove music

saskman1950
I have looked all over here and can not find this topic.

I would like to be able to remove the background music every so often. Especially when I get a voice message. It is sometimes hard to hear the voice over the music.

Any thoughts, remedies...bad news?

The menu music has a volume slider in the options. You can also mute all forms of music (except intros/cinematics) in any Xbox game by playing music through the dashboard and setting the volume to zero. :)

The menu music has a volume slider in the options. You can also mute all forms of music (except intros/cinematics) in any Xbox game by playing music through the dashboard and setting the volume to zero. :)

Thanks. I will check it out later.
Music through the dashboard? Never heard of such a thing...news to me.

I've also had this problem but never thought to ask about it, will have to try the dashboard music thing out. Thanks for the solution Wolfe and browneyedman for actually asking the question.

No problem. FYI, the dashboard method mutes the radio in Horizon's garage/paintshop too, although we still get ambient noises.
Music through the dashboard? Never heard of such a thing...news to me.
You can import an audio CD to the HDD through the main menu (legit discs only, burned CDs won't work), or simply stick in a USB thumb drive with any mp3s you want. Then if you press the Xbox button, you can play or change tracks under the "Media" tab at any time. Microsoft mandates that all games defer to this music player, even RPG/survival horror/cinematic titles, although as I said, intros & movies will pause your music until they finish.

No problem. FYI, the dashboard method mutes the radio in Horizon's garage/paintshop too, although we still get ambient noises.

You can import an audio CD to the HDD through the main menu (legit discs only, burned CDs won't work), or simply stick in a USB thumb drive with any mp3s you want. Then if you press the Xbox button, you can play or change tracks under the "Media" tab at any time. Microsoft mandates that all games defer to this music player, even RPG/survival horror/cinematic titles, although as I said, intros & movies will pause your music until they finish.

i knew you could play music from a external source. I will look for the MUTE in there.

Back