Remove Traction-Control in Gravel

PsuPepperoni

Muscle Car Drifter
Premium
United States
Kansas City
PsuPepperoni
As of now, driving off course will force traction control on, meaning no wheel-spin in the grass.
It ruins my immmersion.

Edit: PD removed TCS in grass, but it still turns on in gravel.

To be fair, in real life, most of the cars in the game would not make it through gravel traps at all, so maybe this is an alternate to just being stuck.

I would consider this implemented.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's really ruined this time with v1.04. :(

Polyphony, the simpler solution for cheaters is to put more invisible 'markers' around that you have to drive through/past on the track, so that if you cut corners you miss the marker, and get put in last place when you go past the finish line next.

Seriously, its the best way to stop them - they'll rapidly get sick of ending up last in every race, and as a result might actually start using the track the way it is supposed to be used. Or, give up on the game and make online races that much nicer...

GIVE US BACK OUR OFFROAD! :( Let us drift on all sealed surfaces again, like the chicane at Tsukuba just past the bridge, the sealed run off areas on Nurburgring/Fuji and so on.

This topic needs more votes, we really need to let Polyhony know.

I sent Kaz the link to this topic via my Twitter page, hopefully he has time to read it.

Last edited:
Besides drifting and off course fun, if you spin out at daytona towards the infield, the trac control is turned on and you cant really save the car from hitting the inside wall...not that theres any damage, but it gives you a better sense of car control skill in saving a car with no trac control.

Yeah, it's really ruined this time with v1.04.

There was still automatic traction control as far back as GT5, not like the severe slow down effect added in 1.04. Even now after 1.05 traction control still gets turned back on when you're trying to crawl out of the gravel, it's so annoying. If I've turned TC off it should still be completely off, even if I go off track.

Last edited:
Of all the things on the first page of suggested features, I think this would be the easiest thing to fix.

Just find the line of code that says,
"
[if int.pavement != 1]
int.tcs=5
"
and delete it.
Only if it worked like that... Something like that. Honestly not sure how it really works, but it needs to be fixed. My 4WD Dodge ram can only go about 6 mph on a good day out there!

Yep yep yep! It's really put me off GT having this power thing. It completely destroys the realism of making mistakes. It only encourages idiots to take shortcuts. The game restricts your power so you don't get wheelspin, and that stops you spinning around and facing the dust you made, therefore encouraging shortcuts online. :grumpy:

And when I stuff up and go into the grass I expect the car to flail around in circles when I leave my foot flat.

"The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits."

Thanks to v1.06, I think this one can be put to bed.

So we can do donuts in grass now?

It's a great improvement, but it still frustrates me. A classic muscle car shouldn't have traction control anywhere.

It's like PD saying "You're in 2nd grade now, we'll take out some of the magic TCS for you. But you still can't handle full responsibility."

Last edited:
It's still forced on in the gravel/sand traps. But is is off everywhere else, including the grass.

Are you sure that you turned the TC off before you got on track? I find that it does that to me.

Latest Posts

Back