Remove unfair penalty

• Thread starter JoaoGT
  • 1 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Hi,

My idea is to add an option to remove a penalty given to a player in a collision with you.

So, when in a collision worth of penalty, the player not penalized should see that it was given a penalty to the other player and has an option to remove such penalty.

I suggest this since I have seen penalties given to players that have not committed any infraction or have even been the victim.

For example, two players, one slightly ahead of the other and with the vehicles fairly side to side. The player ahead swerves across, from one side of the track to the side where's the other player, hits the player behind, and gets off track. I’ve seen this resulting in a penalty to the player behind even though it was the front player causing the collision.

I understand that penalties should be given and removed by third parties (not the players), but I think it is good sportsmanship to remove a penalty to a player that was caused by us.

I can see how this would be hard to police and get a little bit out of control, however being new to the game and using a racing wheel setup, this type of thing has happen to me on multiple occasions! I have also been the car i front and unintentionally knocked the car behind to which they have been give a penalty, in my living room I say out loud sorry mate! Perhaps a time limit on how long you have to decide to remove the penalty and an option where if you feel as though you were at fault take the penalty yourself, this could also contribute to the SR rating as I would deem that good sportsmanship

Back