Removed clutch for bop races on daulshock?

• Thread starter nshky86
  • 27 comments
United States
United States
I finally figured out with gt sport, about 2 months before gt7 came out you can use the clutch on the daulshock remote by tapping O. I got about 1-2 seconds faster per lap depending on which track it is using this feature. You could use this feature on gt7 at first but a few months into gt7 there was an update removing this feature on the daulshock but only in BOP applied races. It still works for non BOP applied races. Anyone know why? I hope this question dosnt have them remove the ability to use it to the rest of the game entirely. The video clip of evidence will be uploaded as soon as I figure out how to successfully upload it. If you have doubt give it a try don't look it up, I can't find info on it eaither that's why I made an account on here hoping someone else knew but apparently nobody wants to try it unless the internet says it's a thing

Last edited:
Bro that's the handbrake. You've been pulling the handbrake every time you shift!

Clutch/shifter has always been disabled in Sport mode. They disabled the handbrake in that update.

I don't think you've ever been able to use the clutch on a controller in GTS or GT7 anyway.

Last edited:
Try it. If it's the handbrake. Why do the rpms drop to idel rpm and you start costing? It's neutral also. If you hold it it's a handbrake. Remember though clutch dosnt work on cars with racing transmissions or cvt. Go get a miata and Try it on an offline race where bop does not apply

Try it. If it's the handbrake. Why do the rpms drop to idel rpm and you start costing? It's neutral also. If you hold it it's a handbrake. Remember though clutch dosnt work on cars with racing transmissions or cvt. Go get a miata and Try it on an offline race where bop does not apply
We’re gonna need some video evidence of this! If you haven’t changed the button mapping then I’m afraid you’ve been using the handbrake as others have said! It may also be helpful if you take a screenshot of the button mapping where it says “clutch” for further proof??

We’re gonna need some video evidence of this! If you haven’t changed the button mapping then I’m afraid you’ve been using the handbrake as others have said! It may also be helpful if you take a screenshot of the button mapping where it says “clutch” for further proof??
You can pop cars into neutral by using the handbrake button. Give it a try.

Yea I'll give it to you. Give a bit. I'll have it for you by the end of the day. Fyi while driving I'm going to put it in neutral and then up shift to the highest gear with the rpms at idea and then engage the clutch again

Yea I'll give it to you. Give a bit. I'll have it for you by the end of the day. Fyi while driving I'm going to put it in neutral and then up shift to the highest gear with the rpms at idea and then engage the clutch again

I've spent some time googling around and there is no mention of a clutch option on controllers anywhere. On pedals yes.

B80
I've spent some time googling around and there is no mention of a clutch option on controllers anywhere. On pedals yes.
Check out the video I'm uploading. Or try it for yourself. It still works offline

Here's a clip

Last edited:
Here's a clip
42b.png

Theres no visual N indicator but tap O and rifle through gears... you can go 300 tap O and hear RPMs drop dump to 1st gear. As long as you don't touch accel you'll stay in pseudo-neutral.

I wonder if it was patched as you can also be more fuel efficient than your competitors 🤔

Last edited:
Theres no visual N indicator but tap O and rifle through gears... you can go 300 tap O and hear RPMs drop dump to 1st gear. As long as you don't touch accel you'll stay in pseudo-neutral
You can rev a little bit before it pops back into gear.

You can rev a little bit before it pops back into gear.
Yea that happens also. That's actually how I discovered it. I would occasionally hit the O and it would Rev up like it was in neutral and I had to figure out why it did that.

B80
You can pop cars into neutral by using the handbrake button. Give it a try.
Bro that's the handbrake. You've been pulling the handbrake every time you shift!

Clutch/shifter has always been disabled in Sport mode. They disabled the handbrake in that update.

I don't think you've ever been able to use the clutch on a controller in GTS or GT7 anyway.

Can't believe I wasted a few hours figuring out how to post a video to prove something to people that I don't even care if they believe me to begin with

@nshky86 I don't know why you felt the need to post the video a dozen times, but all that's showing is handbrake. When you tap the button, it "clutch ins" until you press on the gas again. That is not a functional clutch action. Try pressing and holding that button and tell us what icon lights up on the screen. Or even better, post a screenshot (only once will do) of your controller configuration screen indicating some button as the clutch.

Can't believe I wasted a few hours figuring out how to post a video to prove something to people that I don't even care if they believe me to begin with
You went through the trouble of creating at account here at GTP when you don't care about the responses? That's odd.

Last edited:
I know it's also the handbrake. I am not trying to say it's not. I'm saying it's also a clutch. All I want to know is why it wss removed from the BOP races. And all I got is people just saying no it's not bro it's a handbreak

@nshky86 I don't know why you felt the need to post the video a dozen times, but all that's showing is handbrake. When you tap the button, it "clutch ins" until you press on the gas again. That is not a functional clutch action. Try pressing and holding that button and tell us what icon lights up on the screen. Or even better, post a screenshot (only once will do) of your controller configuration screen indicating some button as the clutch.

You went through the trouble of creating at account here at GTP when you don't care about the responses? That's odd.
I posted the video so many times because idk what I'm doing on here. I've wanted to ask this question for months but I didn't want to deal with exactly what I went through to prove this to people.

I know it's also the handbrake. I am not trying to say it's not. I'm saying it's also a clutch. All I want to know is why it wss removed from the BOP races. And all I got is people just saying no it's not bro it's a handbreak
And you're wrong; the button is not intended to function as a clutch and it does not function like a clutch. What happens is that when you apply the handbrake, the game "clutches in" for you (so that you don't grenade the virtual differential or completely toast the brakes), that's it. It doesn't clutch back out until you apply the accelerator, making it quite clear that it is not functionally a clutch button.

And the handbrake is disabled in sport mode races because a while back someone found a way to cheat using it and get better lap times. That's it.

Last edited:
I posted the video so many times because idk what I'm doing on here. I've wanted to ask this question for months but I didn't want to deal with exactly what I went through to prove this to people.

It's not a clutch though. Do you not think it would have been discussed on here and other sites if it was. It is not listed anywhere, including gt7 manual, controller settings.

Well not once did you ever say "The handbrake button engages the clutch" - you've only made mention of it being the clutch. We can't Nostradamus predict that when you said one thing you actually meant another.

You even said in a reply "If it's the handbrake..." which does suggest to me that you thought it wasn't the handbrake in the first place and you were doing two different actions depending on if you pressed or held. But I digress.

The real mystery here is how you gained 2 seconds a lap by pulling the handbrake every time you shifted gears. Placebo effect at its finest.

Last edited:
I don't use it for the hand break, I use it as the clutch. So why would I refer to it as the handbrake. Also I referred to it as the O button. Also it's not a mystery costing around turns eliminates the differential from slowing reducing the amount of momentum being lost as well as allowing the tires to focus more on turning rather than turning and breaking. It's great if your understeering around a turn, hit the clutch and then your now oversteering

B80
It's not a clutch though. Do you not think it would have been discussed on here and other sites if it was. It is not listed anywhere, including gt7 manual, controller settings.
Watch the video and then go try it. If it's not a clutch then it's a mystery device in the car that disengages the transmission from motor

And you're wrong; the button is not intended to function as a clutch and it does not function like a clutch. What happens is that when you apply the handbrake, the game "clutches in" for you (so that you don't grenade the virtual differential or completely toast the brakes), that's it. It doesn't clutch back out until you apply the accelerator, making it quite clear that it is not functionally a clutch button.

And the handbrake is disabled in sport mode races because a while back someone found a way to cheat using it and get better lap times. That's it.
Okay, say it's not intended as a clutch. It works as one though.

1672371589652.png

When you press the actual clutch (on a car with a manual gearbox), the gear indicator changes to "N". That's your big clue that this isn't the clutch - but it does indeed interrupt drive.

It's not available in Sport Mode races because the handbrake is disabled to prevent players using it for excess rotation.

Still no idea how you're claiming two seconds a lap gain from pulling the handbrake every gear change though. Among other questions I have.

When you use an auto trans an hit O when fully stopped the game puts the handbrake on and drops you in neutral. There is no clutch being activated.

There's no manual clutch for controller users in Gran Turismo since...ever.

There's no other way to put it.

Last edited:
Okay, say it's not intended as a clutch. It works as one though.

So the TL;DR is, the button doesn't work the clutch. The button works the handbrake, and for 'reasons', the game steps on the clutch at the same time. The reason why you can't use it is because there's modes where the game doesn't let you use the handbrake, therefore you can never trigger the game to step on the clutch.

Again, I'd be amazed if you were actually that much faster, I've got a TH8A to go with my T-GT and in no way shape or form have I found anyway of being consistently quicker with it when compared to the paddles.

Well it definitely helped with the times and also with people that you could see were going to t bone me and use me as a break, it gave me better over steer to quick jump out of there driving line. It's just odd the same cars I can't use it with on the online races I can use it on the offline. I know it's not ment to be a clutch since it was never labeled as a clutch but it was and still is useful for offline when I'm about to under steer off the track. It's just hard to believe I'm the only one to catch on to this and utilize it. It took about a month of practice to start being able to have it help me.

Did you work that out because they're clearly missing a Share button? :lol:
Yea, when I went to share it said there's a problem with sharing to my you tube channel and to contact YouTube. Seeing as I didn't want to do what i was doing already and wasted so much responding to everyone saying I'm wrong I just did it a way I new would work

Well this was fun thanks for all your negativity and closed mindedness makes me happy I live in a world where society acts the way they do. Happy newyear

Well it definitely helped with the times and also with people that you could see were going to t bone me and use me as a break, it gave me better over steer to quick jump out of there driving line. It's just odd the same cars I can't use it with on the online races I can use it on the offline. I know it's not ment to be a clutch since it was never labeled as a clutch but it was and still is useful for offline when I'm about to under steer off the track. It's just hard to believe I'm the only one to catch on to this and utilize it. It took about a month of practice to start being able to have it help me.

Yea, when I went to share it said there's a problem with sharing to my you tube channel and to contact YouTube. Seeing as I didn't want to do what i was doing already and wasted so much responding to everyone saying I'm wrong I just did it a way I new would work

Well this was fun thanks for all your negativity and closed mindedness makes me happy I live in a world where society acts the way they do. Happy newyear
You’re not the only one and it’s certainly not new

Back