As a HUGE fan of the old 80's Group B Rally cars, I was keen to get a hold of this little jewel.
It's mid-engined, rear drive, so I knew from the beginning it would oversteer like a monster. With no mods, it was unmanagible on the dirt rally tracks.
But, then I had a brainstorm, I softened the backend some; took a pound of resistance out of the rear springs, and took the rear sway bar down a click, and I headed for the paved street rallys.
Unmodified, with 350hp, and super-soft racing tires, this thing stuck like it was GLUED to the tarmac! It was nearly impossible to get this thing unsettled, even over some of the more dangerous stretches of road (like some of the sudden road drops that tend to send fast cars airborne).
I went through the normal and hard street rallys with little trouble. This thing outhorses the latter-day WRC cars, and with it's newfound grip, it was HARD to lose with. It keeps just enough oversteer to keep the nose pointed exactly where you're going, but never gets to the point of "sudden release".
It was simply amazing to race with. Now I have to go hunt down the Peugot 16 rally cars!
It's mid-engined, rear drive, so I knew from the beginning it would oversteer like a monster. With no mods, it was unmanagible on the dirt rally tracks.
But, then I had a brainstorm, I softened the backend some; took a pound of resistance out of the rear springs, and took the rear sway bar down a click, and I headed for the paved street rallys.
Unmodified, with 350hp, and super-soft racing tires, this thing stuck like it was GLUED to the tarmac! It was nearly impossible to get this thing unsettled, even over some of the more dangerous stretches of road (like some of the sudden road drops that tend to send fast cars airborne).
I went through the normal and hard street rallys with little trouble. This thing outhorses the latter-day WRC cars, and with it's newfound grip, it was HARD to lose with. It keeps just enough oversteer to keep the nose pointed exactly where you're going, but never gets to the point of "sudden release".
It was simply amazing to race with. Now I have to go hunt down the Peugot 16 rally cars!

