Replacing motor in Logitech G920

• Thread starter pumacelled
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
One of the motors in in my Logitech G920 locked up and no longer works now and I’d like to replace it. I have my wheel apart but Im not sure exactly how to remove the motor from the plate. Anyone have any experience replacing the stock motors that can help? Do I need to remove the board first and disconnect it from the motor? I assume there are are screws that hold the motor in place to the metal plate? I think the motors I’ll need to use are “rs555sh-15260m”, is this correct? If so where is the best place to purchase?
Any help is appreciated since I think gtplanet may be my last hope. There was another thread of someone upgrading their motors but no details on how to remove the old ones.

I join in this discussion, a few days ago the left engine of my g920 burned out making smoke.
After this the steering wheel became hard and no longer calibrated.
Disassembling it and disconnecting the left motor, the right one works so I would like to replace it but I can't find an identical motor (RS-555SH-1) that also has the gear.
I tried to remove the gear manually but it gets damaged, does anyone know how to do it?

Attachments

• photo_2021-12-16_12-28-47.jpg
    photo_2021-12-16_12-28-47.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 277
  • photo_2021-12-16_12-27-38.jpg
    photo_2021-12-16_12-27-38.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
How were you able to remove the motor? Also, Is it possible to just use the same gear, but just buy a new motor?

Last edited:
Disassembling the engine is quite simple you can follow the guide below.
My problem is that the proprietary gear does not disassemble from the engine and nobody sells engines with the gear already mounted.

Last edited:
Hi, I know this is a bit off-topic but where did you get spare parts for your G920?
I'm looking for a broken wheel or some spare parts for a G920.

If it’s anything but the motors, I would imagine it may be tough to find spare parts, maybe try eBay to see if someone is selling a broken wheel for parts or something.

My original wheel developed an issue not being able to fully calibrate, it was still under warranty so I filed a claim with Logitech, they sent me a brand new wheel and pedals. instead of tossing or selling my broken wheel and working pedals I’m trying to repair the wheel, I just need to find the motors.

Oh ok, if you end up selling the wheel for parts or if you decide to sell the pedals I might be interested in the wheel.

Hey everyone.
A little late to the party but I'm in the exact same situation with 1 broken motor from a G29.
I join in this discussion, a few days ago the left engine of my g920 burned out making smoke.
After this the steering wheel became hard and no longer calibrated.
Disassembling it and disconnecting the left motor, the right one works so I would like to replace it but I can't find an identical motor (RS-555SH-1) that also has the gear.
I tried to remove the gear manually but it gets damaged, does anyone know how to do it?
How were you able to remove the motor? Also, Is it possible to just use the same gear, but just buy a new motor?
I've removed my motor and need a new one.
Where either of you able to find a suitable replacement motor?

Text on the motor says:
RS-555SH-1
NO.180130
DC 24V CHENGLI

Attachments

• 20220116_201015.jpg
    20220116_201015.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 97
This is where I’m a little stuck, trying to find a replacement motor, that also includes the gear. Ive found a few, but not sure which to order:
These
And then also these Mabuchi Type

Anyone have any Idea?
Do you really need one that includes the gear? We used to knock gears on and off and even knock the shaft through to the other end in my old slot car days. Granted this is larger motor but there's still ways around it if your handy.

The video below is similar to how I did it but a bit more agricultural. I sat it on my vice so I had a very solid surface to work on and used a proper pin punch once I'd tapped the shaft through to level:

This might be another option: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00GDAJYSK/

Last edited:
One of the motors in in my Logitech G920 locked up and no longer works now and I’d like to replace it. I have my wheel apart but Im not sure exactly how to remove the motor from the plate. Anyone have any experience replacing the stock motors that can help? Do I need to remove the board first and disconnect it from the motor? I assume there are are screws that hold the motor in place to the metal plate? I think the motors I’ll need to use are “rs555sh-15260m”, is this correct? If so where is the best place to purchase?
Any help is appreciated since I think gtplanet may be my last hope. There was another thread of someone upgrading their motors but no details on how to remove the old ones.
how do you know which of the motors in not working? My wheel only calibrates only to the left when beginning to calibrate then it stops. What does that mean?

Back