Replay bug?

Austria
Austria
I did a race at Dragon Trail and on lap 4, on the short straight just before CoD, I saw the shadow of the chopper on the track and realized that it's above me.
So I thought I go back on the replay and snap a photo. But the chopper wasn't there. I did another race, same. Is this a bug or is there an explanation for this?

I did a race at Dragon Trail and on lap 4, on the short straight just before CoD, I saw the shadow of the chopper on the track and realized that it's above me.
So I thought I go back on the replay and snap a photo. But the chopper wasn't there. I did another race, same. Is this a bug or is there an explanation for this?
Replays are saved telemetry rather than video. Dynamic environmental items (helicopters, planes, birds, people walking up and down stands, etc.) aren't part of vehicle telemetry but are subject to their own rules and can appear in different locations than they do in the live race.

Which can be irritating when you're trying to capture them as part of an image to illustrate Daily Races articles on the GTPlanet front page...

Yea I came across this before as well! Was doing the Ferrari race at Dragon Trail and just before the chicane, the helicopter swooped down right over the car! Though, “that would be an awesome picture!” So I checked the overall time and when I went back in the replay there was no chopper to be seen!!

I can imagine it'll spawn at some point if you keep reloading the replay and thus a new "set" of off-track animations

helicopters [...] aren't part of vehicle telemetry but are subject to their own rules and can appear in different locations than they do in the live race
It would be nice if the helicopters didn't sometimes appear to be off on their own little sight-seeing jaunt during a race and were actually flying over the track. Sao Paulo and Red Bull Ring make me laugh the most, they can be waaaaaay off in the distance and never actually come anywhere near the track... To temper my annoyance (at such a trivial thing) I like to imagine the pilot has spotted someone topless sunbathing and have got a little distracted! 🤣

Back