Replay Features

Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
gamer23467
Dear Yamauchi,

I am wondering if people in GT6 can make cinematic replays in GT6. For instance, make a camera follow a car to one point to another and they can make different angels and all sorts of fancy ways of making a video/replay. You can also add (if you want) slow mo, camera shake, helicopter view and different other views you want to add. If any of you guys want to add anything else to this reply now.

BYEEE :D

GT6's replay mode also needs a free roam camera that is fully controllable by the user, I want to be able to record footage like this by placing the camera myself:

77780gufr.gif

This!^ In older GT's, there was a feature where you could keep the camera on the lead car automatically in the replay pause menu. It auto switched to whichever car took pole position and in GT3 it auto-expanded to both/all vehicles battling for lead position if the battle was close. It made for some really cool cinematics and camera switches! There is so much we can do with better replay options and it's one of the best features in Gran Turismo that can be made SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Last edited:
Darn it, there's another thread I posted in, but this is something I want badly, because I'm really sick of PD's fixation on grass cam view for replays. Sick, sick, SICK of it.

If you can't get out of this habit, PD, let me edit the replay cams so I can actually SEE what's going on in a race. Jeepers...

Coming from the drift community, the replay cameras are one of our bigger gripes (outside of things that actually effect driving).

Recording videos to make montages has become pretty popular, and is a big motivating factor for a lot of us.

But ask anyone who puts these videos together, the cameras are a real pain :(.

-too many of the cameras trail the action, so while drifting, all you see is smoke.
-too many cameras have too narrow a FOV, missing most of the action.

Most tracks have a three lap cycle with the replay cameras. Why can't I use a lap 3 camera angle to capture action that happened on lap 1?

I can't tell you the amount of footage that has been tossed in the garbage simply because the camera angle was bad...many times, footage that would be golden if we could use one of the other available cameras.

A lot of us make these videos to showcase our skills...but also to showcase Gran Turismo across multiple platforms. We're trying to fly the GT flag, but we feel like we have to constantly fight and work around PDs constraints to do so.

Increasingly frustrating

Frame by frame replays SPECIFICALLY for Photo Mode! :)

Lol you want to talk about frustrating!?!?

Try doing a replay where you don't do full laps (ie you only run a short section of the track, or you run the track in reverse)....get 10, 15, 20 minutes into said replay, and then try to capture a precise moment for a photo....

Let's just say we all know that rapid-fire on the start button is not the most effective.

And when you miss that moment by a half second...well, you get to start the replay from the beginning. It's so much fun :rolleyes:...

Just to reiterate, the replay cameras in GT 2 and 3 were the BEST, especially in GT2. PD needs to go back and watch these guys to see some truly cinematic ways to handle replays and still be able to SEE the race properly. And no extreme close ups, or lingering shots of trees or buildings for a few irritating seconds. See passes happen, not just two cars coming at a camera down on the road that could be side by side or anything the whole way. GAH!

In addition, if you look at most of GT6's race courses, there are camera cranes scattered around the course providing lovely panoramic views of cars approaching and taking turns, then speeding off for a bit. Use those! For that matter, PD could stand to watch videos of live TV coverage of races.

Please, stop giving us replays with almost all of the views at waist level and below.

Just to reiterate, the replay cameras in GT 2 and 3 were the BEST, especially in GT2. PD needs to go back and watch these guys to see some truly cinematic ways to handle replays and still be able to SEE the race properly. And no extreme close ups, or lingering shots of trees or buildings for a few irritating seconds. See passes happen, not just two cars coming at a camera down on the road that could be side by side or anything the whole way. GAH!

In addition, if you look at most of GT6's race courses, there are camera cranes scattered around the course providing lovely panoramic views of cars approaching and taking turns, then speeding off for a bit. Use those! For that matter, PD could stand to watch videos of live TV coverage of races.

Please, stop giving us replays with almost all of the views at waist level and below.

My question is, this 2014.... The trend now is drones flying around with Go Pros on them, why aren't there any drone angles. As matter of fact, why aren't there any Go Pro type angles?

A good search mode already exists within the video player of the PS3! R2 a few times to fast search forward, L2 to fast rewind, and Square to break it down into a timeline of frames you can view in 5 minute, 2 minute, 1 minute, 30 second, and 15 second intervals! Why not just incorporate that into GT6/GT7's replay mode as PD/GT is 1st party Sony! Easy fix!

Edit: Post was half finished at time of posting as my cell was dying, and finished afterwards on PC. My bad! :lol:

Last edited:
A good search mode already exists within the video player of the PS3! R2 a few times to fast search forward, L2 to fast rewind, and Square to break it down into a timeline of frames you can view in 30 minute,

Wait what? I'm gonna try this now

My question is, this 2014.... The trend now is drones flying around with Go Pros on them, why aren't there any drone angles. As matter of fact, why aren't there any Go Pro type angles?
Interestingly, I have an idea for two drones to use in GT7, Pinwheel and Batplane. Pinwheel is kind of like an RC helicopter except there's no chopper body, just an engine and fuel tank with a video cam like a GoPro underneath. Something that can loiter a long time and get leisurely shots of parts of the track where the action is. Batplane is an RC airplane with rakish, batlike lines, a powerful engine so it can keep up with the field, and a camera under the chin.

I'd really prefer it if the camera views in GT7 were supported by "real" cameras. I know it's limiting when you can't have the replay cam do anything, like fly along the road surface behind a car, it's very dramatic. But having the replays attached to sensible replay cameras is more immersive.

I think drones would be a bit silly, but real races DO have blimps, heli's and planes, soooo..... (shrug)

But, I do very much like the idea of pre-planted cameras!

Last edited:
Now, mind, I didn't say I don't like them or wouldn't use them. I just think it's a bit of overkill at this moment. ;)

Nice vids!

I want a video editor like the one in GTA IV. But, GTA V is set to have a better video editor than GTA IV, so I'd like to see something like that in addition to the replays. You know, dolly cameras, panning and all that stuff. I don't see why it can't be implemented, I think it'd be a great idea.

Nice vid. Yet another bit of evidence as to how nice this could be to use.

Just don't miss THAT corner!!!! :eek::nervous: ;)

Latest Posts

Back