Replay jerky!

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedyK
  • 10 comments
  • 1,093 views
Messages
232
Got Prologue today (in Switzerland).

Started with the Honda Integra - good choice thumbs up

Earned lots of cups and credits – had to buy the Elise 111R and the Nissan GT-R – awesome machine.

Problem:

Strangely, although both the GT HD demo and the Japanese Prologue Demo ran replays smoothly for me, Prologue is jerky in replay at times – anyone else seeing this or have I perhaps got some option incorrectly set – any one got any ideas?
 
But why – if the freebie demos worked smoothly, why should this happen now?
 
The cars have been refined a lot more, also AA seems to have improved, and all this comes at the cost of performance/
 
I read somewhere that the frame rate in play is 60fps and in replay 30fps – is it possible that you can adjust this somewhere?

I find it very surprising that they release the game without smooth replay – surely they should not make the graphics too complicated for the processor to cope with. If the PS2 could cope with GT4 and the PS3 with the GT HD and Prologue demos, then this just seems wrong!

Anyway, the graphics in the Japanese demo seemed OK to me – I'd certainly rather have it like that and smooth!
 
Yes, I noticed it too. Whole framerate for replay is pretty low, somewhere between 20 and 25 fps and sometimes it's even less, mainly when lot of cars coming into the corner and all are in the frame, with dust clouds it's even worse. They will cure it into final GT5, It's certain. Speed of the game has been Kazunori's goal No.1
 
london track has very low framerate even in game. Replays won't bother me.
 
I read somewhere that the frame rate in play is 60fps and in replay 30fps – is it possible that you can adjust this somewhere?

No its not possible to adjust it. They made the replays 30fps so it looks like a proper replay from a recording device, cos all video cameras can capture at 30fps, but only the expensive slow-motion camera can capture at higher frame rates
 
I've been a long time player of GT all the way from GT1 but only recently got hold of GT5p and I'm very dissapointed with the crapy frame rate of the replay in GT5P, I can't stand to watch it, looks like it came straight off a pc or xbox running ancient directx, it's rubbish. There's alot of other problems I've found but are acceptable since it's an early version. But a large part of GT is the pleasure or watching the replays and that's gone for me at the moment. Apart from that disaster the game seems ok apart from the over exuberant wheelspin potential of all the cars (must be slippery roads over in Japan these days?:)), But yes if you can't get the frame rate to 60 then drop the detail, don't make some excuse that it's like that so it seems like TV, I've never seen TV chugg along like that:P This is 2008 not 1982 and my Commodore 64 running Revs is long since retired
 
Actually PD are not making lame excuses, I remember reading an interview of KY where he said that 16 cars on track and blur effects are to blame for the low framerates in replays. Personally I loved the replays in GT3 and GT4, could'nt get enough of them. But now when you move from 60fps(ingame) to 30, it seems more like 15 because your eyes are not accustomed to it. Also the broken shadows are extremely irritating, they spoil the replay as a whole, its like miss universe missing her front teeth.

I hope they figure everything out by the final release and that replays are upto 60fps in timetrials when there is only one car on the track.

I really can't wait to see the Special condition maps which allow only 2 cars at one time because almost all of the resources of the console are directed towards the track, in my opinion those were the best looking track in GT4. Can't wait to see Citta Di Aria in GT5.
 
I'm glad it's not just me with the jerky replays. I was beginning to think my 'uber' console might have had some sort of problem.
 
Back