Replay mode enhancements

• Thread starter kjeldsen
  • 1 comments
Many of these suggestions comes from a desire to improve the recordings from replays, and making it easier to edit highlight movies and other kinds of GT videos like the 2 i made (in the bottom of the post):

Changing view modes with R1 should not bring up the bottom row of play controls, it ruins the picture.
Slow motion mode, pick a in and out time and play it back in slow mode..
After a replay is done, we should not return to the library, instead it should just pause on a black frame with the replay controls.
Add a Time Counter on the bottom left so it is easy to sync of recordings, it makes it easier to edit with multicam, and do stuff like this.

More replay modes and views especially more dynamic modes, most of the in car views are very static and does not show the violent forces in play. Driveclub had those perfected.

The replays from the track is pretty awesome, however they DO tend to miss the action sometimes and could be improved to focus more on action when cars get closer to each other.
Adjust sound mode so that you can select different audio options that isn't coupled with the views, strange but sometimes it would be cool to pick another sound for a specific view. And simply adding a more aggressive sound mode that enhances the engine sound would be a big improvement.

The big wish is a full blown director mode, being able to edit the replay with camera cuts, selections etc like a race director, that would be incredible cool, but sadly out of reach i guess. But imagine how much life that would bring to online races afterwards, if you could create and watch a well produced replay of every race you had been involved in.

This mode could also be made with "AI", a replay mode that analysis the race, and then replays it with highlights, like overtakings, pitstops, penalties etc..

The 2 videos i edited:

Many of these suggestions comes from a desire to improve the recordings from replays, and making it easier to edit highlight movies and other kinds of GT videos like the 2 i made (in the bottom of the post):

Changing view modes with R1 should not bring up the bottom row of play controls, it ruins the picture.
Slow motion mode, pick a in and out time and play it back in slow mode..
After a replay is done, we should not return to the library, instead it should just pause on a black frame with the replay controls.
Add a Time Counter on the bottom left so it is easy to sync of recordings, it makes it easier to edit with multicam, and do stuff like this.

More replay modes and views especially more dynamic modes, most of the in car views are very static and does not show the violent forces in play. Driveclub had those perfected.

The replays from the track is pretty awesome, however they DO tend to miss the action sometimes and could be improved to focus more on action when cars get closer to each other.
Adjust sound mode so that you can select different audio options that isn't coupled with the views, strange but sometimes it would be cool to pick another sound for a specific view. And simply adding a more aggressive sound mode that enhances the engine sound would be a big improvement.

The big wish is a full blown director mode, being able to edit the replay with camera cuts, selections etc like a race director, that would be incredible cool, but sadly out of reach i guess. But imagine how much life that would bring to online races afterwards, if you could create and watch a well produced replay of every race you had been involved in.

This mode could also be made with "AI", a replay mode that analysis the race, and then replays it with highlights, like overtakings, pitstops, penalties etc..

The 2 videos i edited:

Very well produced, I understand that you want better tools. I hope you consider a career in this. I have heard good things about the school in Viborg :)

Back