Replay Observation

Been playing this game several months and enjoying the Replay feature for this game. While watching all the Replays I noticed 2 strange things.

1. During the Replay of the race, the car paint will start to look Dull and not glossy anymore. If you hit the Rewind button (L2) 1 or 2 times during the Replay video, the car paint will look glossy again. Talk about strange right. It's like the car paint can not stay Glossy throughout the entire Replay video. So if you want to see your car looking shinny and glossy during Replays, keep hitting the Rewind button a few times during your Replay video. LOL!

I am not sure if it my TV setting or the game setting that is causing the Dull paint job for the cars during Replay video.

2. Anyone notice when you watch the Replay video, that all the wheels on the car is spinning the same speed no matter how fast you drive? I can not tell the difference between going 20mph or 200mph. Those wheels seems to spin around 30mph not matter how fast you drive. LOL!

These are not really complaints but more of an observation for the Replay feature. Really like this game a lot. I actually play this game more than Forza 6.

Last edited:
More to add about the Dull car paint. About half way through the Replay video is when you start noticing the Dull car paint. For example, I was using a black glossy paint. After about half way through the Replay video, the black shinny glossy paint will turn to a dark brown dull looking car paint and the dull paint will also look like it is dripping down the car. Very nasty looking car paint.

Also, it is not just the Replay video that you see the dull paint job. You can see the glossy and shinny car paint turn to Dull car paint while you are playing the game. Surprise the developers never saw the nasty dull looking paint job.

I would take a photo to show you what I am talking about but when in Photo Mode, the car paint is looking glossy and shinny again. LOL!

More to add about the Dull car paint. About half way through the Replay video is when you start noticing the Dull car paint. For example, I was using a black glossy paint. After about half way through the Replay video, the black shinny glossy paint will turn to a dark brown dull looking car paint and the dull paint will also look like it is dripping down the car. Very nasty looking car paint.

Also, it is not just the Replay video that you see the dull paint job. You can see the glossy and shinny car paint turn to Dull car paint while you are playing the game. Surprise the developers never saw the nasty dull looking paint job.

I would take a photo to show you what I am talking about but when in Photo Mode, the car paint is looking glossy and shinny again. LOL!
I think you need to be aware of the progressive accrual of dirt and condensation in DC. The way they have things set up in the game will allow you to see a representation of the road muck building up over the car paint, like a patina.

If you pause the replay to take a photo it will automatically remove all scratches and accrual if you have the options set to do that.

Most games don't allow for this, be thankful it's there.

I think you need to be aware of the progressive accrual of dirt and condensation in DC. The way they have things set up in the game will allow you to see a representation of the road muck building up over the car paint, like a patina.

If you pause the replay to take a photo it will automatically remove all scratches and accrual if you have the options set to do that.

Most games don't allow for this, be thankful it's there.

You are not making things up are you? :lol:

I see what you mean about the dirt on the car. But why is it when you do a rewind (L2) during the Replay video and the car paint is looking glossy and shinny again. I guess for those who don't like looking at the dirty dull car paint, use the rewind (L2) button and few times.

You are not making things up are you? :lol:

I see what you mean about the dirt on the car. But why is it when you do a rewind (L2) during the Replay video and the car paint is looking glossy and shinny again. I guess for those who don't like looking at the dirty dull car paint, use the rewind (L2) button and few times.
I can't say to be honest (about the latter.) I do know though that keeping such a level of consistency through a replay while factoring rewinds into the equation has been an issue for many games. Just look at a few of the older titles and see how smoke, dust and spray will vanish when you rewind - so many things are dynamic in Driveclub that it's a miracle it keeps any kind of coherency at all. in the first place.

I can't say to be honest (about the latter.) I do know though that keeping such a level of consistency through a replay while factoring rewinds into the equation has been an issue for many games. Just look at a few of the older titles and see how smoke, dust and spray will vanish when you rewind - so many things are dynamic in Driveclub that it's a miracle it keeps any kind of coherency at all. in the first place.

I don't mean to rewind all the way to the beginning of the replay video. When you reach the middle of the replay video, use the rewind button (L2) and hit it once or twice and the car paint looks shinny and glossy again. Just hit a couple of notches and not all the way to the beginning of the video if you want to see your car looking glossy and shinny for the entire video.

Really like this game though and hope they come out with a new DriveClub game soon. Fantastic selection of hypercars!

I don't mean to rewind all the way to the beginning of the replay video. When you reach the middle of the replay video, use the rewind button (L2) and hit it once or twice and the car paint looks shinny and glossy again. Just hit a couple of notches and not all the way to the beginning of the video if you want to see your car looking glossy and shinny for the entire video.

Really like this game though and hope they come out with a new DriveClub game soon. Fantastic selection of hypercars!

Hate to break it to you, But Evo is dead :crazy: There won't be a DC 2, unless Sony gets a different developer to make it, And i just don't see that happening.
Sony is to busy letting PD waste there money on a game that never comes out to care about ever making DC2 even if its from a different developer
:rolleyes:

All i can tell you is just enjoy DC for what it is A Gem of a game, A once in a lifetime experience (That atleast for me has become my absolute favorite racing game ever, And i say that base on the fact that i use to like Racing sims way more, I played them all GT/Forza/AC/PCars/PGR/ and yet none ever came close to how special Driveclub has become to me. :)

Last edited:
I don't mean to rewind all the way to the beginning of the replay video...
Nor did I - try the same in pretty much any game that offers replays and certain aspects will alter or fall by the wayside. In photo mode there is an option to turn damage on or off - maybe that might be something to look into.

Back