replay shows that i crash - but i didnt???whats going on??

  • Thread starter Thread starter ezepze
  • 11 comments
  • 1,464 views
Messages
14
so im doing a race meet at autumn ring in my fully modded renault r5 turbo.
i did 8 relatively trouble free laps with just one spin.
but when i watch the replay it shows the car crashing at the last corner before the kink onto the straight, and getting stuck against the wall not able to figure out where to go??:crazy:
it just keeps ramming the wall and wall riding for over 4 minutes??
has anyone else had a similar prob with the replay not showing what you did when you were driving.
should i shutdown without saving in case my card gets corrupted or not worry about it. help:nervous:
 
Replays aren't really replays, it's just the computer using the information given to try and replicate your driving. Mistakes do happen.
 
so the ps2 just stuffed up then?
i feel much better.:)
its just the first time ive seen this happen in over 8 months of playing the game and it freaked me out. cheers:tup:
 
cool now you know the problem:tup:
 
Just curious, but have you used any sort of "enhancement" on this current game? ie: actionMAX, gameshark or similar?
 
I had this happen to me a few times. I think its the game some error maybe. I did pretty much 20 or so laps at Twin Ring Motegi in a EVO VI. I remember screwing up a few times but got back onto the road. When I watch the replay it did the same thing - hit the wall and just stayed like that driving back and forth :odd: I don't think it will affect your memory card as I had no troubles with mine (except the time when my power got cut and I was in a middle of saving the game).
 
I've had that happen to me also, and I use absolutely no 'enhancements'. The Alfa touring car at George V in arcade started my three-lap replay with a sharp left into the wall where the car gassed, braked, and turned for a few minutes.

Like un_ said, the game seems to store replays as a list of your inputs, then plays them back through the game engine to create the replay that you see. If it misses an input or mixes them up at any point, the whole rest of the replay will be out of whack but it's nothing to worry about.
 
I hope this only happens when you actually hit a wall at some point of the race though, it would be a shame if you did an awesome lap on the WRS and then the replay goes nuts like that.
 
ezepze
so im doing a race meet at autumn ring in my fully modded renault r5 turbo.
i did 8 relatively trouble free laps with just one spin.
but when i watch the replay it shows the car crashing at the last corner before the kink onto the straight, and getting stuck against the wall not able to figure out where to go??:crazy:
it just keeps ramming the wall and wall riding for over 4 minutes??
has anyone else had a similar prob with the replay not showing what you did when you were driving.
should i shutdown without saving in case my card gets corrupted or not worry about it. help:nervous:


I had this happen alot on GT3 a Cote De Azure(sp?). It hasn't happened on GT4 yet.
 
I had this too once and never did any enhancements like gameshark. It was in a replay where while I was driving, I stopped without pausing the game and going downstairs to eat. So the car was still moving (up a slope and down one and blablabla hitting walls and stuff) so I watched the replay and fast forwarded some and yes from the waiting point on it completely messed up following my moves lol.

I guess thats why replays are smaller than pictures, they just record your brake and throttle and gas inputs. Wich is not that demanding if it comes to file size I guess.
 
ezepze
so im doing a race meet at autumn ring in my fully modded renault r5 turbo.
i did 8 relatively trouble free laps with just one spin.
but when i watch the replay it shows the car crashing at the last corner before the kink onto the straight, and getting stuck against the wall not able to figure out where to go??:crazy:
it just keeps ramming the wall and wall riding for over 4 minutes??
has anyone else had a similar prob with the replay not showing what you did when you were driving.
should i shutdown without saving in case my card gets corrupted or not worry about it. help:nervous:

I had the same thing yesterday...ran a bunch of test laps in a practice session...and the replay showed me doing donuts and hitting the walls on the start/finish line...I thought I fell asleep or something...just a glitch I guess...hasn't happened again.
 
Back