Replay (still) makes the game freeze

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sederholm
  • 9 comments
  • 1,048 views
Messages
218
Messages
Sederholm
So, I tried to play a replay of an online race I ran when the game froze, that was last week.
Today there is an update and it says it does only one thing: Fix freezing when a replay is played.
So, I tried to play the replay again, game freezes.

Each time this happens the only choice is to do a hard reboot which forces a system check.

Very clever PD and Sony. You saw that the game was full of bugs so you realised it wouldn't convince people to move to PS4 if released to that console. So instead you released it as a malware that destroys PS3's, thus forcing the choice of buying a new PS3 or a new PS4.

Wasn't there a problem with replays in GT5 where all older replays were just wiped out because of some update?
 
Fat or slim PS3?
 
I suppose the issue that freezes the game when you load some replays lays within each replay data itself (hence why all replays that freeze keep freezing and all that work fine are kept fine), so all they can do to fix is correct the issue that occurs while writing a replay.

In short, update can only fix replays captured after it.

Your conspiracy theory makes no sense since PD just fixed this bug they originally invented to destroy your PS3 and make you buy more Sony products to make sure Sony will become leader of the world.
 
So, I tried to play a replay of an online race I ran when the game froze, that was last week.
Today there is an update and it says it does only one thing: Fix freezing when a replay is played.
So, I tried to play the replay again, game freezes.

Each time this happens the only choice is to do a hard reboot which forces a system check.

Very clever PD and Sony. You saw that the game was full of bugs so you realised it wouldn't convince people to move to PS4 if released to that console. So instead you released it as a malware that destroys PS3's, thus forcing the choice of buying a new PS3 or a new PS4.

Wasn't there a problem with replays in GT5 where all older replays were just wiped out because of some update?

Just curious:

1. Are you using custom soundtracks?

2. Does this only apply to online replays?
 
I've not had any problems with replays thus far.
I would suggest though that if you have a replay that hangs the system that you should delete that replay.
Whatever change they made today may be related to saving the replay rather than the play back so a problem replay may still be a problem.
 
Very clever PD and Sony. You saw that the game was full of bugs so you realised it wouldn't convince people to move to PS4 if released to that console. So instead you released it as a malware that destroys PS3's, thus forcing the choice of buying a new PS3 or a new PS4.

Wow, that makes SOOO much sense.
 
First of all: I can now view that replay so something else happened in the small update that followed (the one that tweaks vehicle dynamics).

Fat or slim PS3?
I have a fat day one PS3 so I guess not having upgraded for so long makes me a primary target for destroying my hardware.

I suppose the issue that freezes the game when you load some replays lays within each replay data itself (hence why all replays that freeze keep freezing and all that work fine are kept fine), so all they can do to fix is correct the issue that occurs while writing a replay.

In short, update can only fix replays captured after it.

Your conspiracy theory makes no sense since PD just fixed this bug they originally invented to destroy your PS3 and make you buy more Sony products to make sure Sony will become leader of the world.
My theory is tounge-in-cheek but I don't agree that they can't fix old replays, of course they can do that, and they claim that the update does that and eventually it worked out

Just curious:

1. Are you using custom soundtracks?

2. Does this only apply to online replays?
1. No custom soundtrack.
2. I could play one of the more recent replays, which was recorded in career, but I didn't want to reboot my console so I never tried enough to make a conclusive analysis.
 
Try signing out of the PSN before viewing a replay. I had problems with viewing some online replays in 1.02 and 1.03 until McClarenDesign suggested to me to sign out of the network. After that all replays worked fine.
 
Even after PD's "Hotfix" that was supposed to fix the bug of replays freezing the PS3, I'm still getting them. I guess PD's "Hotfix" ain't so hot after all.
 
I never ever had a freezing while watching a replay (last generation FAT here)
But I have nad freezings sometimes while going from the main menu to the online lobby screen (just by pressing the button)
 
Back