Replays and camera angles on these tracks

• Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 6 comments
CoolColJ, GTP_CoolColJ
Seem to be pretty bad on these course maker tracks. Repetitive and all close to the car. Plus it would be nice if each camera shot was help for a bit longer.

I don't see why they couldn't have a few more wider panning shots to get a better feel of the race

watch a replay of 2 or 3 laps. The camera positions seem to cycle between panning and floating as each lap is shown.

Fixed cams would be nice as well. That's what feels odd about these replays vs the regular course ones, they concentrate more on one car rather than the locale, race, and other cars

If you enter Photomode while in a replay from a track created with Course Maker, you'll see that they have just one camera (the other one being the free roaming FPS style camera), unless the replays from proper tracks, which have 4

Well all tracks currently have a pit straight, so at least a few camera can be placed there :)

PD has code that can generate driving lines dynamicly, and the AI can run at these tracks. So I can't see why they couldn't add a bunch of camera sets around certain curves and turns.

The replay angles aren't usually all that great, but ok considering the randomized nature of the courses.

However, you can move the cameras anywhere on the track in photo mode. (within the confines of the road) Sure there's no "presets" but they aren't usually that great anyhow. I've taken some really cool pics on my custom courses in Toscana by literally going several hundreds of yards down or back up the road then zooming in. This works really well if you can find a good vantage point high on a rise in the road, etc. Give it a try :) Get creative.

Back