Replicating R32 GT-R Group A set up

• Thread starter ajrichar
  • 4 comments
Dear all,

As there are so many really accurate and beautifully produced Group A liveries for the R32 Skyline, I have downloaded what I consider are the best (Winfield, Calsonic, HKS, Unisia Jecs, Kyoseki, BP Trampio, STP Taisan, GIO Racing, Reebok etc) and have also attempted a Group A tune.

The Japanese Group A cars produced around 550bhp, whereas the Australian Group A cars were closer to 600bhp. I've given them a weight reduction and a power upgrade, as well as stiffened the suspension and dropped the ride height. But when I drive them, I'm finding they still aren't stiff enough, and there is shocking weight transfer that upsets the handling balance. Going across the top of the mountain at Bathurst with the change of direction and the suspension compression is tricky.

Any guidance on how I might best reproduce the car set up of the Group A GT-Rs so I can get close to what they should feel like?

What are your camber and shock settings? Differential will probably have lots to do with the handling.
With camber, if you can dial I'm from -6° to -7° of camber, that would be close to the Australian car.
If you watch the GT-Rs at Sugo and Fuji, they are very stiffly sprung. When watching the ATCC GT-Rs, they ride the bumps and kerbs really well. Suspension in Gran Turismo, have always been too soft. I could never get springs over 20kgfm.

Sadly, what can't be translated to the game, is the electronic diff. It would adjust to tyre wear and weather conditions.

What are your camber and shock settings? Differential will probably have lots to do with the handling.
With camber, if you can dial I'm from -6° to -7° of camber, that would be close to the Australian car.
If you watch the GT-Rs at Sugo and Fuji, they are very stiffly sprung. When watching the ATCC GT-Rs, they ride the bumps and kerbs really well. Suspension in Gran Turismo, have always been too soft. I could never get springs over 20kgfm.

Sadly, what can't be translated to the game, is the electronic diff. It would adjust to tyre wear and weather conditions.

Hey, thanks mate.

So, by what you've said, what settsett would I be looking at? I have front wheel camber at 3 degrees, and rear wheew camber at 1 degree. I stiffen up suspension and anti roll bars, but imI hesitant to do too much else.

Yep, I've watched the ATCC and Japanese touring cars, and the Japanese series cars are very stiffly sprung.

Maybe stiffen the shocks and loosen the springs. From what I remember, that's more of a Super Touring car set up. Other than that, I'll check the settings in Project Cars 2.

Thanks for this advice, mate. I'll try them out and see what happens. If anyone has any GT Sport-specific settings to replicate the handling of a Group A R32 GT-R, I'd be delighted to try them out.

Back