Report abuse and mass bans

Do you think GTS reporting system can be easily abused?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Canada
Canada
a few handful of players, including my self, have been victim of the abuse of reporting. No reason (just what you violated, vague) no warning, just straight PlayStation ban. If there was an issue on the game that requires a suspension, then removing the player from the game should be effective enough, but banning them from all PlayStation services to us seem extreme because anybody can easily report certain words out of context and get people banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few handful of players, including my self, have been victim of the abuse of reporting. No reason (just what you violated, vague) no warning, just straight PlayStation ban. If there was an issue on the game that requires a suspension, then removing the player from the game should be effective enough, but banning them from all PlayStation services to us seem extreme because anybody can easily report certain words out of context and get people banned.

Depends... what did you say?

You will not have been banned for actions in the game itself. You may well have been banned for things you typed in the chatbox before/after the race, which is moderated by PlayStation rather than Gran Turismo/PD. Or, of course, in other messages on PSN.

It's not a GT Sport issue, and the solution is not to use racist, sexist, homophobic, profane, scatalogical, or sexually explicit terms in messages.

Incidentally, you can also be banned for abusing the report function, or using it too frequently.

Back