*Resolved* Can anyone tell me why I can't select these cars?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Take a look at this pic:

I can't select these cars, but they show up in my garage. I just checked and these are the pre-order cars.
I didn't pre-order the game, I bought it on March the 29th.

So why are they showing up in my garage. Is this another way for PD to try and get me to spend money?

Those three cars were the ones that came with the launch edition and you needed a code to download them. Weird that you have them.
Take a look at this pic:

I can't select these cars, but they show up in my garage. I just checked and these are the pre-order cars.
I didn't pre-order the game, I bought it on March the 29th.

So why are they showing up in my garage. Is this another way for PD to try and get me to spend money?

Those three cars were the ones that came with the launch edition and you needed a code to download them. Weird that you have them.
Well that's it, I do, but I don't. They're in my garage, but not selectable. That's why I think PD might have put them there, possibly to make me spend real money.

And how would they "make you spend real money," given that there is zero mechanism to purchase these cars other than a Launch Edition/25th Anniversary pack-in code?

You can purchase all these cars with in-game credits, and in-game credits can be purchased through the playstation store.
By that logic, isn't the display of every car in the UCD, LCD, and Brand Central "trying to make you spend real money"? By the way, welcome to GT Planet. What a way to make an appearance.

You can purchase all these cars with in-game credits
While kinda true, it's also not; the Stealth Livery is exclusive to the pre-order. There's nothing you can do or pay to acquire it at this point.

This sort of thing might be seen if someone else on your console has entered a code for these cars (thus they appear in the game install)... along with a few other, odder possibilities.

Firstly I'd recommend setting your console to the Primary console for your account, restoring the licences, and using the global sign-out tool to log yourself out of every device you could be logged into:

"What a way to make an appearance."

What a way to make a greeting to someone who has just joined the community. Do opinions offend you, do you need to exist in a perpetual echo chamber rebounding your own views, or is it required you be lacking in civility because someone says something you disagree with?

I hate monetization in games, and it's obvious that it's been handled badly in GT7. I think, and I'm all but certain I'm not alone in thinking, that the smaller rewards and subsequent further reductions of the payouts are an attempt to generate more revenue for PD and Sony.

Thanks for the advice. I suspect this is likely it. My friend did pre-order the game and installed it on my PS4. When I then bought it off the Playstation store I had to uninstall his version and then reinstall the downloaded version.

Good chance it has something to do with that. I'll try the things you suggested.

Last edited:
I did a global sign out/sign in and set the primary console.

However, what did you mean by 'restoring the licence' please
On the XMB go to Settings, Users & Accounts, Restore Licences.

It effectively resets all the things you're allowed to have access to (basically what you pay for now is a licence, rather than a game or any piece of content).

I did all that, no joy. After doing all the things you suggested though I did the following

1. I signed out of my account and closed the game
2. I signed in with the account of my friend who did pre-order the game and loaded GT7 again.
3. I closed the game and signed back in with my account and reloaded the game

And it gave me all the pre-order cars.

What a result!

:-D

Last edited:
I did all that, no joy. After doing all the things you suggested though I did the following

2. I signed in with the account of my friend who did pre-order the game and loaded GT7 again.

What a result!

So you can now select those cars in the game?

"What a way to make an appearance."

What a way to make a greeting to someone who has just joined the community. Do opinions offend you, do you need to exist in a perpetual echo chamber rebounding your own views, or is it required you be lacking in civility because someone says something you disagree with?

I hate monetization in games, and it's obvious that it's been handled badly in GT7. I think, and I'm all but certain I'm not alone in thinking, that the smaller rewards and subsequent further reductions of the payouts are an attempt to generate more revenue for PD and Sony.
Literally everything about this game is engineered to make you spend REAL money in the future once you find out that no amount of game play can get you all the cars you want. If it's not the terrible brake-checking, track-hogging AI put 15-30 seconds ahead of you in a faster car, it's the weather, the tires, the small pay-outs, the stupid expensive price of cars, it's the forced purchase of cars to win a race or something else. GT7 might be a good game, but it's damn sure not fun. I figured it up the other day, there are only 27 cars I want...at a general cost of $40M. I've made $9M at the moment, so only about 2 years to go to acquire them all at this rate.

Last edited:

What a result!

Nice! 👍👌😁

Literally everything about this game is engineered to make you spend REAL money in the future once you find out that no amount of game play can get you all the cars you want. If it's not the terrible brake-checking, track-hogging AI put 15-30 seconds ahead of you in a faster car, it's the weather, the tires, the small pay-outs, the stupid expensive price of cars, it's the forced purchase of cars to win a race or something else. GT7 might be a good game, but it's damn sure not fun. I figured it up the other day, there are only 27 cars I want...at a general cost of $40M. I've made $9M at the moment, so only about 2 years to go to acquire them all at this rate.
Well I agree with you for the most part. The part on which I disagree is that I'm having lots of fun with GT7 but I am very much looking forward to the patch!

And how would they "make you spend real money," given that there is zero mechanism to purchase these cars other than a Launch Edition/25th Anniversary pack-in code?
So if I bought the 25th anniversary edition I can get these cars with a code? Where can I find this code? I did not pre order tue game though

I pre ordered the 25th anniversary edition…. And these 2 sheets were inside.
The codes are on the back side.

28B3C4C0-9DC8-433A-86C7-BF8C98FD6A48.jpeg

Honestly not sure but I think it's pre-orders only.
It is.

25AE content is bonus credits, Nations Cup GR Yaris, PSN avatars, and soundtrack. The three bonus cars are pre-orders only.

What a result!

If your friend uses a different console and sets that to their Primary, you'll lose access again.

Back