Rest in Peace GT6

United States
North Carolina
dinosaur202
I know I'm late. It really sucks polyphony had to do this. They never even lived up to their promise of giving us all the GT Vision cars. Instead they make us buy a new console and game for the cars they planned to put in GT6. They had years to add them but they chose not to. GT Sport, as many know (as well as all of PS4) requires you to buy a subscription to play online. I will not be doing this. I feel it is an insult to gamers worldwide because these companies have the money to run online services for free. They only did this because it succeeded for Microsoft, similar to how Nintendo is following suit because it worked for Sony. This means I will not be purchasing a PS4 or Gran Turismo Sport.

I would like to know what all of you think about this situation, albeit I posted this a month late.

I know I'm late. It really sucks polyphony had to do this. They never even lived up to their promise of giving us all the GT Vision cars. Instead they make us buy a new console and game for the cars they planned to put in GT6. They had years to add them but they chose not to. GT Sport, as many know (as well as all of PS4) requires you to buy a subscription to play online. I will not be doing this. I feel it is an insult to gamers worldwide because these companies have the money to run online services for free. They only did this because it succeeded for Microsoft, similar to how Nintendo is following suit because it worked for Sony. This means I will not be purchasing a PS4 or Gran Turismo Sport.

I would like to know what all of you think about this situation, albeit I posted this a month late.
If you like the GT Vision cars and I don't mind them, just buy a PS4 and have some fun. I pay about $90 Australian dollars a year for subscription. and I hardly play online.

GT Sport, as many know (as well as all of PS4) requires you to buy a subscription to play online. I will not be doing this. I feel it is an insult to gamers worldwide because these companies have the money to run online services for free.

I'm with you on this point. I've never bought a PS Plus subscription, & probably never will (not bought GTS either). The three games that I do have; P CARS 1, DC & AC, are pretty useless for online racing compared to what GT6 offered. So now I have a PS4 sitting there that hardly gets used. Nowadays, I spend more time on YouTube & playing Tetris than I do sim-racing! A very sad state of affairs indeed; & mostly thanks to a certain japanese company hungry for more profit.

Just bite the bullet. GT Sport is a far better game than GT6 ever was for me.
I have gone back to GT6 from playing GTS, because PD has lost it's way with this game. What is missing to bring players back to GTS, is allow tunning in Sports Mode races and have Seasonal races, Time Trials and Drift Events like in GT6.
If GTS had these things that I have just mentioned, well GTS would have been very hot game but it is not.
GTS is very dull game, ok GTS is pretty and you can paint your cars very nice. To me GTS has not got the things to make you want to go back and to play the game more.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
are you serious? I do not understand the people who complain. play since gt1 and have always changed between forza and GT. I have not regretted the purchase of the ps4 pro. good a few more old and new routes would be good but the rest a dream. I think the controller is super the livery editor is looking for his same. In addition, pd continues to provide free updates. who does that please. in the very first I would have no problem to spend 100 € for updates. I only play GT Sport on the console. Best game 2017/2018

Well it is a bit bizarre. GT6 servers are shut down 4 and a half years after launch. YET EVEN FORZA 2 FROM 2007 IS STILL ONLINE. And its not like GT6 was less successful than FM2 in sales, infact it was the other way around.

Not trying to hate on any of the two series, tho.

Well, they can run it for free, but the quality is way more crappier. Look at how much better 360 XBL was than PSN for PS3. I would rather pay for a network than have my credit card at risk when the low-quality online system gets hacked (like PSN 2011 outage).

Latest Posts

Back