• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 7 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
This thread is all about building up motorcycles. I want to keep activity buzzing in trying to come up with various topics. The theme of building up motorcycles is about as commong as building up cars. I think you hear more about taking junkyard beaters and turning them into wicked machines than hearing of junkyard bikes converted to cool machines. So I'm offering this thread for you all to talk about offering tips in building up motorcycles of various kinds. This can be about restoring motorcycles or building up a motorcycle from scratch.

It's probably easier to restore a bike since you don't have to worry too much aobut jacking it up high in the air or dealing with really heavy parts. Would you have to fabricate new parts, or can you find some parts cheap online or from a catalog for a motorcycle? Do any of you have any old motorcycles you're trying to restore? Is it any different from restoring cars?

As far as building up motorcycles from scratch or from a junkyard machine, some of the coolest customs can be made from some absolutely crappy-looking bikes. One website that highlights these is at < http://www.ratbike.org/a_yard.php >. Some chopper types usually make all kinds of customs ranging from a unique bodystyle, high handle bars, a skinny tire up front, and stuff like that. Back in my proposal for this motorcycle forum, our own UnoMOTO talked about a custom motorcycle when I asked about what is one of the coolest custom bikes. These customs are not only relegated to choppers, but I'd even be interested in unique superbikes and (if you're brave enough) custom scooters.

Let this be a thread in case you'd like to share building up or restoring a motorcycle. Maybe offer tips for people trying to restore motorcycles. Any takers to this discussion?

I didn't know you were working on more then one. Either way...post up some captioned pics or else.
smlsvader1ge3.gif

I second the previous comments. What kind of bike are you trying to restore or build? We're friendly people, share with us. Be our show-and-tell person. Any pictures of bikes you're working on, Flerbizky?

Back