Restrictor plate realistic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter steamboat2302
  • 4 comments
  • 1,283 views
Messages
12
Messages
steamboat2302
Anyone ever race online trying to make it work like real Daytona? I figured out that 59% Rev Limit will create very realistic results in this game at least for one car at a time, but I can't get anyone to race with me with those settings. I think it will reduce the amount of wrecking especially on the first lap as it makes things much more stable. Anyone out here experimented with this?
 
Anyone ever race online trying to make it work like real Daytona? I figured out that 59% Rev Limit will create very realistic results in this game at least for one car at a time, but I can't get anyone to race with me with those settings. I think it will reduce the amount of wrecking especially on the first lap as it makes things much more stable. Anyone out here experimented with this?

Change to 502hp.
 
I ran a number of NASCAR races with restricted HP and gearing. It was a lot of fun. The racing was close and the cars were pretty easy to drive.
 
I tried to do this once and no one would join :(
 
Anyone ever race online trying to make it work like real Daytona? I figured out that 59% Rev Limit will create very realistic results in this game at least for one car at a time, but I can't get anyone to race with me with those settings. I think it will reduce the amount of wrecking especially on the first lap as it makes things much more stable. Anyone out here experimented with this?

Change to 502hp.

According to Wikipedia, Sprint Cup cars are at around 430 horsepower with the restrictor plate. Another article from early this year says the restrictor normally drops them to between 450 and 500 HP, but speaks of tests with even greater restriction of another twenty-some horsepower (not sure if that was for just testing or for actual races as well).
 
Back