• Thread starter Famine
  • 11 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I had a couple of late entries for this, but seeing as it's unofficial and there weren't that many times, I'll let them slide. However competitors should note that in the real WRS, if your time isn't submitted by deadline, you don't have a time...

So, in reverse order.
8th - brassman23 - 2'07.221 (DS2, WRS Division 3)
7th - jasongedney - 2'04.778 (-, No Division)
6th - Thirdeye - 2'02.378 (DS2, Division 3)
5th - StrokerAce - 2'00.276 (-, Division 3)
4th - kensei - 1'57.967 (DFP, Division 2)
3rd - miura909 - 1'57.686 (DS2, No Division)
2nd - Oliver DePlace - 1'56.781 (DS2, Division 1)

And our warmup winner....

1st - CFM - 1'56.381 (DFP, Division 1)

So, first blood in GT4 is drawn by the Driving Force Pro, but run very close by a duet of DS2 drivers. It's good to see so much of the field is made up by drivers who have yet to qualify for the series, or are in Division 3.

All ready for the 2nd warmup? :D

It was a bizzare combo but pretty fun. The car handled surisingly well for an old boat. I was gunning for the 1'55"s but didn't work on it anymore since there's too much other stuff going on with GT4 right now. My best T1 was below 47.5, and my submitted run was 47.625, so I left some out there for sure. Nice to see ODP around again.👍

BTW - Famine, where is your time? Keep my throttle foot cramped up the whole time and you don't even show up?:P

I'll try to post my Max Drive replay later, but I don't know if I'll be able to find it. I have around 100 GT4 replays already and no Replay Manager program.:banghead:

I did a 1'59.0 first lap and was intending on doing some more. But then I accidentally saw someone's time - I assumed it was a PM query about the race, but it was actually a time submission. I didn't feel as if I should run with the knowledge of a target time.

well I'm really happy! Third in my first WRS competition and behind two division 1 drivers!

Great stuff! Already working on the MR-S!!

Cheers!

I knew I was around second off of the top time. I jsut lost motivation to run this one a final time, I knew there was at least .6 out there for me to get easily. That rev limiter thing really killed me though...haha.

Nice time CFM....thanks for the race Famine.

I'm in Division 3, I think I put that in the PM I sent ya (if not, I apologize) and i'm proud of myself -- not last for once! :P

awsome first in divison 3 two weeks in a row, bummer this isnt official btw i used a regular ps2 controller

I think this is my Max Drive replay for this race. If anybody with a Max Drive (NTSC) happens to d/l it, can you please tell my if I posted the correct one? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CFM Charger@Tokyo II.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
I tried, but the download extracts without a file suffix.

What should it be?

On another note:
GT4 replays don't carry your unique file name, which makes it super-confusing to figure out which replay is the one you want. It gives them a "ghostreplay[x]", something I don't recognize, as I didn't assign it that name (I look at date/time). If your card has a shipload of replays, it would be very easy to upload the wrong one.

This, and the crippled analyser, makes life more difficult for the hotlapper.

Oliver DePlace
On another note:
GT4 replays don't carry your unique file name, which makes it super-confusing to figure out which replay is the one you want. It gives them a "ghostreplay[x]", something I don't recognize, as I didn't assign it that name (I look at date/time). If your card has a shipload of replays, it would be very easy to upload the wrong one.

This, and the crippled analyser, makes life more difficult for the hotlapper.

I thought this was just my NTSC-J PS2 and my NA Max drive not playing nice together. Interesting to see that the NA or Pal versions don't see the filenames either. If this is true it makes the MAX drive kinda useless. Sure it is easier to plug in than a x-port but if you can choose a specific file what is the point. Looks like I need to give my x-port a try and see if that works better, the PITA it is....

The game itself is what's changing the filenames, it's not the transfer device.
When you go into the browser, the filenames are different than the ones you'd see in-game.

My Xport shows GT4 generic filenames like, "GT4GhostReplayM2N", instead of GT3's, "ODPwrs".

I copy the replay to a blank memory card, so that Xport only sees the one. After transferring it to the PC, I rename it.

It would have been nice if they'd let me copy to another memcard while in-game.

Anyway FWIW:

Attachments

• ODP_1_56_781_GT4_Warmup1.xps
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
Oliver DePlace
I tried, but the download extracts without a file suffix.

I'll post up another copy for you to try out, I don't know why my computer removes the suffix when I rename files.:confused:

Hopefully someone like Arwin will make up a replay manager soon...my replays are already getting out of hand.:scared:

EDIT: I replaced the old replay file with a new one. Hopefully it will work.:)

Back