Return of the grip bug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 29 comments
  • 3,284 views
Messages
5,106
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
voodoovaj
So, I did a 1:42.9 at Nurb GP the other day while practising for the Nation's cup race (F1500TA). I was in the 44' and 45's when this 42.9 came up. I'm not quite sure what I did differently and I seemed to get it fairly easily.

I neglected to save the ghost (my mistake) but I did save the replay. When I watch the replay, I don't see what I am doing differently from my other laps, other than it's around 2 seconds quicker. I keep looking for my mistake, but that's a BIG time gap.

To have my fastest lap be 1.5 - 2 seconds quicker while not even being able to come close seems really bizarre. Does anyone else have a situation like this? A lap time that you've set that is a complete outlier to your other laps on the same car/track/set up combo? Could it be a bug? I'm stumped.
 
Use your phone and time the laps to check if everything is ok 💡
 
I was running an endurance race at Monza yesterday and my time started dropping 2 seconds without me doing anything materially different. It did feel weird, because, you know when you just KNOW that you nailed an amazing lap? Yeah, i didnt get that feeling.
 
I haven't driven it, and have no idea what top 10 times are. I'm guessing if you did hit a top ten time, you would mention it. So safe to assume this isnt gripgbug territory that we're looking for?

You said "fairly easily" which might mean you hit your marks and didn't make mistakes. That would lead to a good lap time, but it would also assume you made mistakes on your other laps.

Depends on how you count the corners, but Nurb GP has about 15 corners, so if each corner can fluctuate by a couple tenths, then your good lap is definitely within reason, just seems like you might need to be more consistent. Even more so if you are still learning the F1500.

Try a handful of laps and see what your optimum lap time is (on the timing screen that shows all your best sectors strung together.) If it's close to 1:42.9, then you probably did just have a good lap and now you know what your capable of.
 
The first sector, the arena section, you can easily make up 1 second over average lap times. There is a very particular line you have to run along with brake/accel points. I get this a lot with my laps through there, across all cars, and it is very hard to replicate consistently I find. Maybe that's just me, but I often find my average lap vs best lap can all hinge on that first sector, and they can be quite a time difference apart.
 
I think the grip sometimes changes from one lap to the other, I get a strange feeling sometimes like the car suddenly loses it, on daily races it is common for someone to make a mistake in front of me like going wide, I think "yay, gotcha" and promptly go wide the same way the driver ahead.
If you get more grip, you can go faster and not feel it.
 
I haven't driven it, and have no idea what top 10 times are. I'm guessing if you did hit a top ten time, you would mention it. So safe to assume this isnt gripgbug territory that we're looking for?

You said "fairly easily" which might mean you hit your marks and didn't make mistakes. That would lead to a good lap time, but it would also assume you made mistakes on your other laps.

Depends on how you count the corners, but Nurb GP has about 15 corners, so if each corner can fluctuate by a couple tenths, then your good lap is definitely within reason, just seems like you might need to be more consistent. Even more so if you are still learning the F1500.

Try a handful of laps and see what your optimum lap time is (on the timing screen that shows all your best sectors strung together.) If it's close to 1:42.9, then you probably did just have a good lap and now you know what your capable of.

Actually, it was a top ten time at the time. Most of the top ten at the time were in the 1:43's and I am usually 1 second back (so 1:44's) which is exactly right.

My optimal time is 1:44.1 on hards, which is why it's weird to get a 1:42.9

I had to switch to softs to be able to replicate that one lap I did.


Checking this now. It look like I'm not the only one.
 
So, I did a 1:42.9 at Nurb GP the other day while practising for the Nation's cup race (F1500TA). I was in the 44' and 45's when this 42.9 came up. I'm not quite sure what I did differently and I seemed to get it fairly easily.

I neglected to save the ghost (my mistake) but I did save the replay. When I watch the replay, I don't see what I am doing differently from my other laps, other than it's around 2 seconds quicker. I keep looking for my mistake, but that's a BIG time gap.

To have my fastest lap be 1.5 - 2 seconds quicker while not even being able to come close seems really bizarre. Does anyone else have a situation like this? A lap time that you've set that is a complete outlier to your other laps on the same car/track/set up combo? Could it be a bug? I'm stumped.

So, I did a 1:42.9 at Nurb GP the other day while practising for the Nation's cup race (F1500TA). I was in the 44' and 45's when this 42.9 came up. I'm not quite sure what I did differently and I seemed to get it fairly easily.

I neglected to save the ghost (my mistake) but I did save the replay. When I watch the replay, I don't see what I am doing differently from my other laps, other than it's around 2 seconds quicker. I keep looking for my mistake, but that's a BIG time gap.

To have my fastest lap be 1.5 - 2 seconds quicker while not even being able to come close seems really bizarre. Does anyone else have a situation like this? A lap time that you've set that is a complete outlier to your other laps on the same car/track/set up combo? Could it be a bug? I'm stumped.

Actually, it was a top ten time at the time. Most of the top ten at the time were in the 1:43's and I am usually 1 second back (so 1:44's) which is exactly right.

My optimal time is 1:44.1 on hards, which is why it's weird to get a 1:42.9

I had to switch to softs to be able to replicate that one lap I did.



Checking this now. It look like I'm not the only one.

Hi.
there is a big glitch in sport mode and its for a while and the usual top 10 of the daily race uses it voluntarily it uses the hard tire to the soft tire, you had to make a manipulation that makes you exchange your tire. Digital polyphony must really look at it because the FIA races are rigged by this glitch.
 
Please explain/descibe, so it can be reported to PD.

If it can't be described, then PD won't be able to find or replicate it.
 
Hi.
there is a big glitch in sport mode and its for a while and the usual top 10 of the daily race uses it voluntarily it uses the hard tire to the soft tire, you had to make a manipulation that makes you exchange your tire. Digital polyphony must really look at it because the FIA races are rigged by this glitch.

I know there was a bug earlier but it was supposedly fixed. Proof of what you're saying?

On the other hand I believe I may have experienced what @Voodoovaj posted myself but I didn't give it much thought at the time. Suzuka qualifying session in an SLS Gr4 iirc. Did about 15 laps and was averaging about 2:10. Suddenly during a run I remember thinking this lap feels different like I had extra grip for some reason. Right enough I pulled a 2:07. Could this be some sort of randomly triggered bug? Before anyone asks for proof I can't really because I didn't save it writing it off as one of those laps where everything just clicks.
 
Last edited:
I know there was a bug earlier but it was supposedly fixed. Proof of what you're saying?

On the other hand I believe I may have experienced what @Voodoovaj posted myself but I didn't give it much thought at the time. Suzuka qualifying session in an SLS Gr4 iirc. Did about 15 laps and was averaging about 2:10. Suddenly during a run I remember thinking this lap feels different like I had extra grip for some reason. Right enough I pulled a 2:07. Could this be some sort of randomly triggered bug? Before anyone asks for proof I can't really because I didn't save it writing it off as one of those laps where everything just clicks.

No he never corrected that he just banned the 2 or 3 guys who use this glitch that always appeared 1st or 2nd, but the glitch itself was never deleted, I even trapped some guys in the living room mode which was usually in the top 10 daily race, I used the same settings as the sport mode and just let the soft tire and it should normally do better minimum 1.5 or 2 seconds and no it was the same time it was in the sport
 
No he never corrected that he just banned the 2 or 3 guys who use this glitch that always appeared 1st or 2nd, but the glitch itself was never deleted, I even trapped some guys in the living room mode which was usually in the top 10 daily race, I used the same settings as the sport mode and just let the soft tire and it should normally do better minimum 1.5 or 2 seconds and no it was the same time it was in the sport

So can you provide a video or something to prove the cheat/bug in action? We need to show some evidence of it if PD has to fix it.
 
So can you provide a video or something to prove the cheat/bug in action? We need to show some evidence of it if PD has to fix it.

Just by looking at the replay you see that it is not in soft tire, in Europe it is obvious it and become normal this glitch person who cares about it because most uses is glitch.
 
I think the grip sometimes changes from one lap to the other, I get a strange feeling sometimes like the car suddenly loses it, on daily races it is common for someone to make a mistake in front of me like going wide, I think "yay, gotcha" and promptly go wide the same way the driver ahead.
If you get more grip, you can go faster and not feel it.

Yes there is something going on, the feeling just changes lap after lap sometimes, even in sprint races. Following the other car wide is a thing too, like the slipstream effect is a magnetic pull more than anything and this sure pulls you off too if you are not careful.

I think the "extra" grip you sometimes may get is supposed to be the norm but usually you lose grip but of course there is no way to prove any of this. :(
 
One way to at least test it, would be if the leaderboard lap ghosts were available.
 
@Voodoovaj .. yes... absolutely, something is odd.
My last race at Suzuka, running high 2:02's/low2:03's... than bam, out of nowhere 2.00.0.
And, the 2:00.0 is over a second faster than my qualifying run... forget but it was a 2:01.xxx.
I realize this is not a "set the world on fire" pace, but at the same time I've never gone a 2-flat at Suzuka in any GR.3 car (not even in "arcade" mode with BoP settings on)...
That 2-flat is "alien" for me... aka, I do not have the ability to replicate it.

phantom grip1.JPG
phantom grip.JPG


Here is the video on youtube if you want to dissect it.


If you need me to share on the PS4 let me know and I can do so this evening.
 
Last edited:
Did your tires heal before lap 6 or I saw it incorrectly?
 
correct, had just pitted, so, was my out lap, which should have been even slower with slower speed on the front straight and with cold tires... yes?
 
@Voodoovaj .. yes... absolutely, something is odd.
My last race at Suzuka, running high 2:02's/low2:03's... than bam, out of nowhere 2.00.0.
And, the 2:00.0 is over a second faster than my qualifying run... forget but it was a 2:01.xxx.
I realize this is not a "set the world on fire" pace, but at the same time I've never gone a 2-flat at Suzuka in any GR.3 car (not even in "arcade" mode with BoP settings on)...
That 2-flat is "alien" for me... aka, I do not have the ability to replicate it.

View attachment 725126 View attachment 725127

Here is the video on youtube if you want to dissect it.


If you need me to share on the PS4 let me know and I can do so this evening.

Your "fast" lap time is due to pit-lane timing.
To save me using lots of pictures, I'll just describe it.

Your out-lap timer literally doesn't start counting until the end of pit lane.
On the lap prior it took you roughly 6 seconds to reach that same position.

No doubt you are travelling slower exiting pit lane, so to counter that I then used the end of the kerbing (left hand side) of turn 1 as the next timing marker.
The lap prior you reach that point at around 18 seconds into the lap.
On your out-lap it is something like 15.5 seconds into the lap.

So you got some free time exiting the pit lane, but you lost some of that time due to a slower front straight speed.
But this explains your sudden find of 2.5 seconds. 👍
 
@Tassie_tiger - thanks for the explanation... never noticed it before...
I believe previously (GT4/5/6) and in real life, your laps are timed based when you cross the finish line... so both the in lap and out lap should be much effected...
AKA, slowly entering the pit, cross the finish line, end of lap X and start of lap Y... then fuel/tires and off you go... the "out lap" or "in lap" should be your slowest lap (but both should be slower than your race pace) dependent upon whether your pit stall is before or after the finish line...
Was really having a hard time understanding how my out lap could be the fastest of the race, much less well quicker than "my abilities".
Certainly had me confused...
 
Just by looking at the replay you see that it is not in soft tire, in Europe it is obvious it and become normal this glitch person who cares about it because most uses is glitch.
Some of the fastest players use this forum, share their replays and have raced with a lot of other members. The members here are also really good at finding evidence of bugs and glitches like the grip bug and the tire repair glitch. Other people are providing videos and questioning their own laps, if you see something widespread among the top 10 times, please provide specific evidence.

Why does your name sound so familiar? :odd:
 
Yes there is something going on, the feeling just changes lap after lap sometimes, even in sprint races. Following the other car wide is a thing too, like the slipstream effect is a magnetic pull more than anything and this sure pulls you off too if you are not careful.

I think the "extra" grip you sometimes may get is supposed to be the norm but usually you lose grip but of course there is no way to prove any of this. :(

I have a new theory, it envolves calibration.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/throttle-input-issue-need-help.376565/
Read that.
I solved it tweeking the throttle pedal to a different start point. It also corrected the ds4 issue. My conclusion: there is calibration, like the pedal, from time to time during racing. So, my pedal and joypad were acting different lap to lap cause they were always calibrating, plus, for some reason, the pedal calibration affects the ds4 calibration.
After I tweeked the pedal, I think the difference from lap to lap vanished, like, the software found a calibration and kept it. So, I think, maybe it is not a grip problem, but calibration problem, I had consistency issues with the wheel, I wouldn't race it for fear. From one day to another, confortably raced more than 20 races with great consistency.

Edit: I think a glitch on the Formula 1 is likely, my personal experience in every multidiscipline game I raced, open wheel was where I got edge on others, I got seriously surprised I was 6 seconds behind the track record, high downforce rear end loose cars has always been my thing.

Edit 2: I got replays saved, I will compare acceleration under 3rd gear and see if there is a time difference, if there is, on a straight line, it is a glitch. Will do when I get home in some hours and post it.
 
Last edited:
No he never corrected that he just banned the 2 or 3 guys who use this glitch that always appeared 1st or 2nd, but the glitch itself was never deleted, I even trapped some guys in the living room mode which was usually in the top 10 daily race, I used the same settings as the sport mode and just let the soft tire and it should normally do better minimum 1.5 or 2 seconds and no it was the same time it was in the sport

I know 2 glitched accounts that were fixed by PD on americas.

They cannot do the same laptimes anymore. One of them got relegated to DR B even after he lost the grip bug.
 
This isn't a bug that can be "used" as far as I can tell. I didn't do anything intentional. I was just pumping out laps when one became an outlier.

I can't even say for sure that it was for a full lap, but for a majority of the lap, there had to have been a jump in grip, especially exiting corners. I don't know how to replicate this other than to keep lapping.
 
This isn't a bug that can be "used" as far as I can tell. I didn't do anything intentional. I was just pumping out laps when one became an outlier.

I can't even say for sure that it was for a full lap, but for a majority of the lap, there had to have been a jump in grip, especially exiting corners. I don't know how to replicate this other than to keep lapping.
Exactly what I experienced as well. It's so random that you don't really pay attention till you notice some sector when you've suddenly gained almost a second.
 
Is this going on??
Because... before last update, I was starting to get into the leaderboards in a lot of dailies and even FIA events.
Now, I’m 2 seconds of the pace at Bathurst. Did I just got bad?

Edit: did they update the Porsche’s BoP?
 
Last edited:
Is this going on??
Because... before last update, I was starting to get into the leaderboards in a lot of dailies and even FIA events.
Now, I’m 2 seconds of the pace at Bathurst. Did I just got bad?

Edit: did they update the Porsche’s BoP?
You know, I noticed that, you were always hard to beat, I thought you were rusty, if that is not the case, for sure you got something on your software. Try reinstalling.
 
Is this going on??
Because... before last update, I was starting to get into the leaderboards in a lot of dailies and even FIA events.
Now, I’m 2 seconds of the pace at Bathurst. Did I just got bad?

Edit: did they update the Porsche’s BoP?

Remember when I had all those issues with the different views? That sounds very similar to what you are experiencing. Clear cache, restart everything, and hope it all goes away. Mine eventually went back to normal.
 
I been having this problem since the last update with all off my cars especially the F1500T-A I was doing 1 .13s round interlagos & 1.12 round dragon trail but can now only do 1.17 & 1.16 respectively round those tracks with my same setup before the update & still use now after the update before the new cars came today & I got understeer & oversteer which I did not have before either they really need fix this asap its really annoying & i use the controller
 
Back