Returned to F1 2010 after GT5

United States
United States
TopGearJB007
...and boy do I suck at it. :lol: I used to rule at F1 2010 (not to be too modest) and after playing GT5 non stop since November 24th, I returned to this game to try out my new HKS Racing Controller, and I can't seem to adjust to this game again. I even converted all the GT5's controls and buttons to F1. :lol: F1 2010 is much more sensitive to braking under steering than in GT5 and I can't seem to remember to stop braking when going into the first chicane at Monza. That being said, both are great games, and both are very good at doing what they are supposed to do. Dare I say, GT5 could learn a bit from F1 2010. Having gravel stuck to the tires after going off is a very realistic factor of racing that GT5 doesn't have.

Well, anyways, I was just wondering if anyone suffers from the same GT5 syndrome I suffer from. (The one where you suck at all other racing games after playing GT5 too long.)

Happy New Year,
TGJB

I've been watching a lot of older F1 racing the past few days (Man, Senna was a beast, and I love that McLaren MP4/4 and MP4/5) and have had cravings to go back and play F1 2010. Unfortunately, the wife has "misplaced" the game at the moment (Christmas cleaning for the family... :crazy:) but once she finds it, I'm definitely going to give it a few runs.

Glad I'm not the only one who went back/ will go back. To be honest, I will probably go back to GT5 before the night is over, but once the 2011 Formula 1 season starts, I will be playing F1 2010 like crazy.

Glad I'm not the only one who went back/ will go back. To be honest, I will probably go back to GT5 before the night is over, but once the 2011 Formula 1 season starts, I will be playing F1 2010 like crazy.

Out of curiosity, what channel do you get to watch the races? I have to resort to online in order to see them. Is it the Speed channel or what?

Has Codemasters said anything about a 2011 F1 game? I have high hopes for the franshice, as the driving in F1 2010 was absolutely amazing. If Codemasters fixes the bugs the current games has (although, I will admit I haven't played it in a long time, so they my have been fixed) in the 2011 release, they will have a very good game.

The GT series could certainly take a few things away from F1 2010, like a race weekend. I would love to see qualifying sessions, among other things, in GT5.

I've been dying too, but GT5 has sucked me in every time. I still love F1 2010, but lately I've been doing a lot of split screen racing with buddies. If F1 2010 had this then I would definitely be playing this a hell of a lot more. I actually like the graphics and physics better in F1 2010 then GT5. I really hope F1 2011 has split screen!

GT5 is stronger in some points that F1 2010.....but all in all F2010 looks and plays better. Whats holding F1 series back is the limited stuff, all F1 racing no safety cars or Touring cars as a bonus, same tracks, same media questions, same activities, each and every race.

You need to have like a podium girl strip show after some races, and muslum podium girls at the arab tracks. LOL

GT5 is stronger in some points that F1 2010.....but all in all F2010 looks and plays better. Whats holding F1 series back is the limited stuff, all F1 racing no safety cars or Touring cars as a bonus, same tracks, same media questions, same activities, each and every race.

You need to have like a podium girl strip show after some races, and muslum podium girls at the arab tracks. LOL
sw50sw8sw578.gif
:lol:

I've been dying too, but GT5 has sucked me in every time. I still love F1 2010, but lately I've been doing a lot of split screen racing with buddies. If F1 2010 had this then I would definitely be playing this a hell of a lot more. I actually like the graphics and physics better in F1 2010 then GT5.I really hope F1 2011 has split screen!
Been confirmed.:)

I miss this game greatly but GT5 has been keeping my PS3 busy. Good thing I still got Forza3 while Bob is busy hitting his opponents, not listening to my commands and drafting behind a back lapper instead of overtaking them...

I bought F1 2010 the week after GT5 release. Due to all that GT5 lacked, I was pissed and bought this. I really like this F1 title. Unfortunately, I haven't play since the v1.05 GT patch and the Seasonals. I have been telling myself I'd return but now LBP2 has released and I don't play GT5 much. I won't dare sell or trade my F1 game though. I too think the graphics are better - its more realistic. The physics are good and the weather system is top notch.

I have seen a few gripes and complaints about F1 2010 but the only one I have experienced is the holding in the pits, the A.I. ghosting thru me on pit lane and a frame rate drop/freeze for about 1-3 seconds per race. I think the game plays very well though. Glad I bought it and have it in my library.

Last edited:
Have to agree. F1 2010 + Logitech G25 = pure awesome! The steering input thru the G25 in F1 2010 just feels right. More right than in any other game. Which makes me play it more. And more. And more! Definitely a really fun game...whereas GT5 can feel like pure grinding most of the time. PD needs to put some fun back into the GT series. They don't need to dumb down the game or anything, just make it fun and not feel like you're just grinding. It's like one review I saw of GT5 - "they made a 10/10 driving sim but it's wrapped up in a 5/10 game unfortunately". PD could learn a thing or two from Codemasters. And Turn 10 to be honest.

I have to agree the steering feels better in F1 2010 then GT5. Even though it's lighter once you get use to it you can really feel what it's doing. The problem I have with GT5's steering is the damn wobble. The wobble just ruins it for me. FYI I'm using a DFGT.

Also, the other major plus F1 2010 has over GT5 is the A.I. I think this is one of the most vital parts to a racing game as this is what makes you be on the edge of your seat or just cruising.

Don't get me wrong though they both have their pros and cons, but get ready for F1 2011 this September... It rocks!!!

I agree about the AI in F1 2010. Webber, Button, Hamilton, Alonso - all those guys are always at the top of the leaderboard and if I make a mistake they are right there to take over the race.

I just picked this up 3 days ago. Awesome game. It has taken a little time out of my Shift2 playtime, but not much. I can do 1 practice/qualify/race, then back to S2. As far as GT5 is concerned, after playing S2, and F1, and Dirt series, GT5 puts me to sleep. Its actually a chore to race, and the bumping sound is so generic compared to the other games.

I dont know much about F1, never seen a race beyond a 30 sec highlight clip, but love the whole beyond the racing part of the game.

Have to agree. F1 2010 + Logitech G25 = pure awesome! The steering input thru the G25 in F1 2010 just feels right. More right than in any other game. Which makes me play it more. And more. And more! Definitely a really fun game...whereas GT5 can feel like pure grinding most of the time. PD needs to put some fun back into the GT series. They don't need to dumb down the game or anything, just make it fun and not feel like you're just grinding. It's like one review I saw of GT5 - "they made a 10/10 driving sim but it's wrapped up in a 5/10 game unfortunately". PD could learn a thing or two from Codemasters. And Turn 10 to be honest.

👍

I just picked this up 3 days ago. Awesome game. It has taken a little time out of my Shift2 playtime, but not much. I can do 1 practice/qualify/race, then back to S2. As far as GT5 is concerned, after playing S2, and F1, and Dirt series, GT5 puts me to sleep. Its actually a chore to race, and the bumping sound is so generic compared to the other games.

I dont know much about F1, never seen a race beyond a 30 sec highlight clip, but love the whole beyond the racing part of the game.

I see you're in Texas, F1 is coming your way so get some tickets and check that out :) 👍

I am currently in my second season and racing at Kuala Lumpur. I have the AI at intermediate I think and it's hard to start on the pole every race lol. I haven't played this game much lately since I joined another racing series in GT5.

Well ya, but I was just making sure he knew at least :)

6 months sounds about right though

Thanks for the heads up. I have not seen any racing besides a small dirt oval and plenty of drag races.

Will look into checking that out.

Back