Reverse mount pedals

• Thread starter KookiBirb
  • 28 comments

KookiBirb

Premium
United States
Taxifornia
KookiBirbFC3S
I currently got a G27 pedal set which I am using it with my Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel. Its a great pedal set but its just the brakes are a bit soft. But I got a solution for that already thats on its way. ( Nixim brake mod )

But what im debating is that should I have my pedals to be reverse mounted and hard mounted on my wooden "wheel stand" or just hard mounted but elevated?
What is the advantage of having reverse mounted pedals? Having the feel of a more natural car?

Here's what I'll tell you guys though, I usually play GT5, Richard Burns Rally, and Initial D Extreme Stage... so you guys can based on your opinions on the games that I play I guess...

One of the advantages I can think of and one of the reasons I wish I had reverse mountable pedals is that when having them lying on the floor, a lot of dust can be accumulated on them. I would assume that it isn't so bad when reverse mounted.

Also the experience would be more similar to your regular, every day driving experience.

I like the pedals reversed because when I move my setup I don't have to worry about the pedals getting damaged, Pictures on "my profile" page. What I did was swapped the location of the gas/clutch pedals. Since then I've removed the clutch pedal and put the brake pedal there so my big feet don't get stuck between them:grumpy:

I have T500 pedals and CSP and reverse mount both and the reason is that once they are hard mounted in reverse position they are solid. No more moving when I apply a firm brake pressure. I would imagine the same apply's for a G27 pedal set.

IMG_3064.jpg

]
IMG_3066.jpg

Wow, those reverse mounted pedals are awesome opel and coxis 👍
Yeah, I the black casing of my G27 pedals does seem to get very dirty. I can imagine on the pedals to when reverse mounted but I mean you wont notice it very well.

I never thought about the idea of having to spread the idea of the gas, brake, and clutch according for better comfort when it comes to reverse mounting G25/G27 pedals. This is now encouraging me to do this.

Thanks guys 👍👍

Yes very natural, my heels rest on the floor comfortably. I can heel to toe easily as well. They are very solid which is what I like the most.

Yep hard mounted inverted csp' rock.
Not finished yet, actually going through a major mechanical redesign :( so i dont mind sharing this pic.
Lot of time wasted but it was therapeutic.
Oh and the height and angle are not where i would.run them. My current setup is very similar to left888s
1320729427589.jpg

Edit: oh and coxis. If your pedals collect dust you aint using them enough ;)

Caz
Not finished yet, actually going through a major mechanical redesign :( so i dont mind sharing this pic.
Oh and the height and angle are not where i would.run them. My current setup is very similar to left888s

My rig was originally designed for the T500 pedals so when I reversed mounted my CSP I went with what I had on my custom built Zalem rig and luckily they work very well. I often wondered how they would work with a tilt like you have.

LOL on the dust comment :D

I think you misread. I run my pedals very similar to the angle of yours. That pic doesnt have all the supports and adjustment locks in place. Actually the screw driver is whats holding that up in the pic. ;)

No, I read it correct. I was just wondering what your old mount was like, since almost every reverse mounted pedal set I ever seen were tilted. :)

I have a pic in my image shack but cant seem to link from my phone. Blah.
Sorry vile hijacked your thread.

Figured a work around
20111010223843597.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
The gas pedal still feels natural even inverted, I was going to drill 2 new holes until I tried it this way.

I may just drill 1 more hole spaced the same as the factory holes. I wear a 13 american shoe and my 8 yr old daughter likes to drive sometimes. Having the longer gas pedal helps her. I do the brakes for her on the controller ;)

Caz
I may just drill 1 more hole spaced the same as the factory holes.

I also wear a size 13 shoe, my 16 year old son wears a size 14 and he likes the pedal set up as it is. I might get a friend of mine who is a Machinist to make me a custom pedal or modify the current gas pedal.

Do you think drilling 1 more hole as you mentioned would make much of a difference?

Itll move the pedal an inch up. Much of a difference, not really. Looks wise yes, performance. Not so much

Caz
1320729427589.jpg

I get mass amounts of dust around my pedals. After putting on 4 pairs of socks with holes in them I realized it wasn't dust but all the fibres slowly wearing out on the balls of my feet. Time to invest in driving shoes I guess.

I get mass amounts of dust around my pedals. After putting on 4 pairs of socks with holes in them I realized it wasn't dust but all the fibres slowly wearing out on the balls of my feet. Time to invest in driving shoes I guess.

LOL, I always wear my slippers when I race. Come to think of it Christmas is just around the corner and the kids will hopefully get me a new pair.

Caz
There really isnt a specific. Chair height and angle play a huge part in pedal angle.

Alright thanks, pretty much all personal preferences eh?
I am going for comfort > Realism by the way.

Back