Review of GT in PSM

  • Thread starter Thread starter John Wells
  • 4 comments
  • 797 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3,277
United Kingdom
Whitehaven Cumbria Englan
Messages
johnwells69
Has anyone read the review in the January edition of PSM magazine? The reviewer only gave it 75% and said it hadn't evolved since 1999. In there previous issue the had given the game a 10 page pre launch special preasing the game. If anyone else has read the review, let me know, I think they were a bit to negative.
 
In some ways the game hasn't evolved - you can't tune your car any more than you could in any previous game, and in some cases there are even less tuning options.

This is an observation, not a criticism - I love GT5! 👍
 
I enjoy the game as well, we all no its not 100% perfect, but I'd rather play this than race driver grid, or some other arcade racer. I like the classic cars, all ways have.
 
First: I am loving GT5 - any "problems" are outweighed 100 to 1 by what is great about it.

Two: PSM highlights what is completely mucked up with the whole video games journalism 'industry'; which is an excessive focus on what is in the future and an obsession with scores. No other medium (film, books, music) seems to be like that to the same extent that video games jounalism is. I find sites like IGN and Gamespot to be more and more mouthpieces for publishers months and years before release - they either can't see beyond the hype or downplay obvious weaknesses until after the event so as not to upset advertisers. If you have read Sight & Sound (UK published film journal) you will know that excellent and accurate things can be said without hype and without scores - plus there is much more of a focus on what is now and what has been rather than what might be.

Just some thoughts!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back