Review Requests

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 13 comments
United States
Everywhere
Can someone give me quality reviews for Hitman 2 and TimeSplitters 2 on XBox and PS2? I am thinking I want Hitman 2 on PS2 and TimeSplitters 2 on XBox - I've rented each and enjoyed the few hours I was able to play them, but throwing down $100 is different (:

Also, I've heard ATV Fury 2 is much better than the first one - has anyone played it?

Well... I am pretty sure you know about this wonderful website....

Click here

Basically, this site lists all of the existing reviews about those games plus amateur reviews all in one website. Of course, ignore the gamespot ones if you are not a complete member.

I have played Hitman 2 for ps2, from the opm demo. Pretty good game, multiple ways of doing the mission.

As for Timesplitters 2, I have not played it, but I have heard its good for multiplayer.

Timesplitters 2 is a good game i've played it for Gamecube but not ps2 and on ps2 its prob better i cant confirm its better.. but its a good game.. good graphics and good weapens numerous characters and levels its a fun game!

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Well... I am pretty sure you know about this wonderful website....

Click here

Basically, this site lists all of the existing reviews about those games plus amateur reviews all in one website. Of course, ignore the gamespot ones if you are not a complete member.

I have played Hitman 2 for ps2, from the opm demo. Pretty good game, multiple ways of doing the mission.

As for Timesplitters 2, I have not played it, but I have heard its good for multiplayer.

why ignore gamespot they have good reviews

I have a request!

XENOSAGA
This looks like the only game I am looking forward to (apart from GT4, if it comes out this year) this year.

Originally posted by askia47
why ignore gamespot they have good reviews

He said ignore them if you are not a complete member because you do not have access to read the review. They make you pay for a membership.

I dont personally like gamespot. I used to go there a few years back. It seemed they were pretty good. But then right before they started charging for memberships I was appauled at some of the rankings they gave to games. I think I remember a 10 for tony hawk 3 and a low 9 or 8 for MGS2. They just give out 10s for any old game. I believe a 10 should only be given out to a PERFECT game. No flaws. Besides, I can not trust someone writting reviews that is so large. I suspect they alter reviews to please sponsors.

I suggest gamecritics.com. Free membership, well worth the 5 minutes to sign up. No need to go into it, but from the position you saw me right above, I love gamecritics and their reviews. Very honest reviewers. Where a 5 really DOES mean average. Other magazines and sites claim that but the only time I ever see a game get lower than a 7 it also recieves harsh criticism and trash talking. I think the only games EGM have ever given a score lower than a 5 were for Mortal Kombat Advanced, and those crappy bargain bin PSX games that have been coming out for the last year. Hooters Roadtrip, hahahha.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
I have a request!

XENOSAGA
This looks like the only game I am looking forward to (apart from GT4, if it comes out this year) this year.

I've got this game, but it's a tough game to review. (not to mention I'm finishing Dark Cloud 2, and Zelda:TWW before I tackle it.)
In the first 3 hours 40 minutes there is about 40 minutes of play and 3 hours of amazing cut scenes and story lines. There are things that left me with my mouth open as much as Id dropping the submarine onto Bart in Xenogears did. It seems heavy on the story (but it's a great story so far) so if that isn't your bag I'd steer clear. :)

AdvanR, Gamespot has only given out 4 perfect scores to my knowledge in all the years it has been around. TH3, Chrono Cross, Legend of Zelda:embarrassed:OT and Soul Calibur.
Thier definition (and mine) is as follows:
"10.0: "Perfect"
This exceedingly rare score refers to a game that is as perfect as a game can ever aspire to be. A game that receives this rating could not reasonably be improved upon in any meaningful way. "
MGS2 had oodles of room for improvement, especially in the length department.
If anything, Gamespot is the harshest Critic (except for Famitsu.) IGN is the one that kills me every time. Flashy Graphics and mediocre gameplay almost always equal a 9.0 or better.
And $20 isn't so bad, I subscribe to both of these sites. The bandwidth is worth it, especially when you want a patch without waiting on fileplanet.

Originally posted by advanR
He said ignore them if you are not a complete member because you do not have access to read the review. They make you pay for a membership.

I dont personally like gamespot. I used to go there a few years back. It seemed they were pretty good. But then right before they started charging for memberships I was appauled at some of the rankings they gave to games. I think I remember a 10 for tony hawk 3 and a low 9 or 8 for MGS2. They just give out 10s for any old game. I believe a 10 should only be given out to a PERFECT game. No flaws. Besides, I can not trust someone writting reviews that is so large. I suspect they alter reviews to please sponsors.

I suggest gamecritics.com. Free membership, well worth the 5 minutes to sign up. No need to go into it, but from the position you saw me right above, I love gamecritics and their reviews. Very honest reviewers. Where a 5 really DOES mean average. Other magazines and sites claim that but the only time I ever see a game get lower than a 7 it also recieves harsh criticism and trash talking. I think the only games EGM have ever given a score lower than a 5 were for Mortal Kombat Advanced, and those crappy bargain bin PSX games that have been coming out for the last year. Hooters Roadtrip, hahahha.

i would agree yet i cant really. Most game sites and mags have a good rating system and MOST are not personal opinion. By that i mean not writing in the first person, only the third. Also if a mag or website has a lot of sponsers (like capcom, which is a huge sponser) that dosent mean those sponsers games get a better score. for example the mag Next Generation (out of print now) had a capcom advetisment on its back cover every month from November 1998 to January 2002( thats how long i had my subsciption). dino crisis 2 recieved a 2 stars and many other capcom products were given average to low scores. (as well as high) yet the reviewer must know that he must look at the game from a non pressure view.

how is this true? Look across the board. www.gamerankings.com
and look up Zone of the Enders 2 for example and all the ratings are a like.

I already did one, it's called V8 super Car Driver (That's what it's called in Australia)

Back