Revisiting GT5

United Kingdom
England
Having almost completed GT6 I decided to redo GT5 but finding it a bit odd at the start.

I completed the B-Licence but I can't take part in any events because you have to create a driver and once you've done that, they enter the races and all you can do is sit and watch - how do you get to drive the cars yourself?

Having almost completed GT6 I decided to redo GT5 but finding it a bit odd at the start.

I completed the B-Licence but I can't take part in any events because you have to create a driver and once you've done that, they enter the races and all you can do is sit and watch - how do you get to drive the cars yourself?

Sounds like you're in B-spec. To drive yourself you need to enter the A-spec events.

I'm told that endurance racing is possible on GT Sport in Arcade Mode, you can set it up and choose a number of cars to race against. I didn't know that. One of the aspects that has put me off playing GT Sport was the lack of career events and was why I did GT 6 and now for old time's sake, GT 5. It's still good fun though, building up again from scratch, plus I've noticed you get a lot more cars given to you for winning events in GT 5 than in GT 6.

Happy New Year to all at GT Planet.

ENDURANCE RACES

I enjoyed these before obviously but now I uncked level 25 and I can do Grand Valley - well, the other cars! A mix of concept cars and miiddle-of-the-roaders... I just happened to be in a Peugeot 908 FAP Race Car at the time - hardly my fault they put me in such a weak field!

Started to go past them for the firest of many times on lap 4 and on the first visit to the pits for fuel and tyres I had time for ham egg and chips in the restaurant!

Suppose if I want a decent race I'll have to chose an equivalent car that's in this line-up, a Nissan Fairlady Z or some such but does anyone know if, later on, there are more competitive cars in these ednurance races to make a decent competition?

At level 25 I can only do Grand Valley and looking at the field, the BHP is 275 on average so I have chosen a Mitsubishi 3000GT which is 206BHP to start so I've done Stage 2 Engine, Stage 1 weight reduction, titanium semi-racing exhaust, sports ECU to bring it up to scratch and racing medium tyres.

Reckon I'll be pitting in every ten laps or so but to keep an eye on when the other cars do. Whatever, when it's Saturday morning and you have to be in waiting on a delivery, what better way to pass the time. :cheers:

Pretty hacked off really. I was on lap 49 and a lap ahead overall, took a phone call then the delivery arrived, all of five minutes away from the game, went back to it and apparently the race was over, the only options were replay or exit, I'm like, WTF, I should have got 136k in prize money! 👎

I'm coming back into GT5 as GT6 is also done for me and GT Sport I only take 26 miles a day.

I'm the other way. I'm sitting on $18 mil. and have completed B-Spec. My team of Lvl40 Bobs did good work.

All I need to do is complete the A-Spec up to extreme but none of the endurances.

I actually havent done much of the extremes. I'm only at Lvl30 myself but I dont remember them being so easy.

Since there's no tyre limitation you can just run race soft and blitz the field.

Also I was a junior burger back in GT5 days so I'm finding it much easier. Now with GT6 experience I'm better at it.

I have since finished all of the A-spec except for endurance and the championship extreme races. Will get onto this but I despise that sort of format where you have to enter the championship and then do then in order and you cant quit out. So that's really just Dream cars, FGT and Nascar.

I also have to do GT All stars in expert series as I only have a 3rd in the Nurburging race.

This one is hard as the 787 or TS020 pulls a big lead that I cant make up.

Back